X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Some Advice On Serum Tears!

Hi,
    I just found a local hospital that will draw my blood for serum tears. I however have to ship it myself to Leiters pharmacy, and am just wondering if anyone has done this and what's the best way to ship it. If anyone knows of any place in the Midwest that would draw and ship, I would be grateful. I also would like to know how your experience with serum and any tips you have for me. Did you stop Restasis while on serum? Did the positive effects stop upon serum discontinuation? Thanks!

Originally posted by Phillips55 View Post
    Did you stop Restasis while on serum? Did the positive effects stop upon serum discontinuation? Thanks!
    I've kept on using Restasis along with my serum drops. I allow 15 minutes to go by in between Restasis and serum (or any other drop) just because I don't want to wash out the drop before it has a chance to do it's thing.

Comment

Call Leiters, they gave us a list of labs that was able to draw and ship to Leiters in our area.
      We shipped once on our own in a white styrofoam box (like Obama steaks comes in) with dry ice.

Comment

Have any of you had infections or other problems? I have all of my puctals plugged too and am curious that increases the risk of infection.

Comment

No infections, and I've been using them since spring of 2010. I'd only ever get them made by a pharmacy and lab that I trust not to contaminate the serum... labs should be pretty good about that, and as long as the pharmacy makes a lot of sterile products, I imagine odds are pretty good that they will also do a good job about not contaminating the serum. After that, it's all up to you to be super careful with them

Also, I have all 4 puncta plugged (2 via actual plugs, and 2 via cautery)

If you have an opportunity to try serum, I say go for it - you never know what will help until you try it, so why not give it a go and see what happens? Odds are very high that as long as you use an experienced lab/pharmacy, are very careful using them, and start a new bottle frequently, you'll be just fine in terms of infection.

Comment

Working...
          X