This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

to alexandra

hello alexandra i have read your happy story with autologous serum drops.i am happy for you that you are already feeling better.i have severely drye eye as well and tried everything.nothing brought me desired relief so i made an appointment with my opthalmologist who also does serum and i am going to ask him to start autologous serum.i am in pain every day my corneas are so dry they look like potato chips and when i wake up they r so red like i just smoked tons of pot.i desperately need a soothing relief and a better healthier look for my eyes.they should be more therapeutic since they contain nutritions from your own blood and vitamins.i am depressed from my pain and constant discomfort and i have to do something about it.please let us know how r u feeling?how many times a day r u using them?good luck alexandra

Comment

I decided not to open a new thread for my experiences, so I`ll post in this one.

I`ve been using serum drops for 2,5 months and I really can`t say my eyes have felt much better. Maybe a slight improvment but it i think it`s because I dont have to use artificial drops that much as I but this serumthing 4-6 times a day. By the way, dry ice is ideal for taking this stuff on long trips or something like that. 1 kilogram keeps bottles frozen for couple of days!

I`m getting desperated with this #%&! It`s so frustrating to look like a drugaddict all the time...Maybe i should start looking for those scleral lenses even though I cant afford them in a million years. Maybe our public health system could help financially, just got to ask...

Comment

wondering

are eyes getting better on their own?do dry eye sufferers feel an improvement after year or two?i wonder because right now i am in a constant pain.our body is an amazing thing it tries to recover.can i get better or do i have just a false hope?madarka

Comment

Madarka - your eyes can definitely get better! I had LASIK about 11 months ago and after the first 5 months, I was running out of hope. The last 5 months have given me good improvement. My eyes still affect my life to a degree, but I am a lot more functional with a lot less eye pain.

Hang in there and be diligent with your dry eye care. Also, be on the lookout for things that are not helping. Quality of dry eye care is more important than quantity. Unfortunately, this requires careful experimentation.

To me, the safe bet treatments (while not absolutely safe) are warm compresses, omega supplements, humidifier, and resting eyes/good sleep. I would view second line relatively safe treatments as restasis and doxycycline. YGB

Comment

i need time

i don't know what is wrong with me.i am disappointed in myself.how can i be so depressed from eye?you guys seem so strong.maybe time will improve my mental state and i will accept that my life is different.i will try to hang in there even though it is very hard.right now i am just going crazy from a constant pain and burning.

Comment

Originally posted by madarka
              i don't know what is wrong with me.i am disappointed in myself.how can i be so depressed from eye?you guys seem so strong.maybe time will improve my mental state and i will accept that my life is different.i will try to hang in there even though it is very hard.right now i am just going crazy from a constant pain and burning.
              Madarka,

There is nothing wrong with you. These eye problems are no picnic. Many of us have been in the exact same position where we thought we were going insane and that nothing would ever help. You are right...you do need time. In time you will find better treatments for your eyes and better coping techniques as well. I'm praying that the serum drops work for you. I think I might ask my doctor about them as well when I see her tomorrow. Try to hang in there, and email if you need to talk. I hope things get easier for you soon...

-Shells

Comment

Originally posted by madarka
                i don't know what is wrong with me.... how can i be so depressed from eye?
                I want to echo Shells. Madarka, you must cut yourself some slack. This is a VERY trying condition. Have a look at this article - there are SO many reasons people struggle with depression and anxiety especially in the early stages after diagnosis. You are not alone in how you feel.
                Rebecca Petris
                The Dry Eye Foundation
                dryeyefoundation.org
                800-484-0244

Comment

Madarka,

I know the low you are feeling...I know well that crazy, hopeless feeling. Pain does that. It's very dehumanizing. You will deal with it now and you will improve...I promise.

In the meantime, don't be afraid to ask a doctor for helping with your anxiety and depression.

You will one day look back and feel stronger for having lived this.

D
                  Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Comment

surprising answer

hi everybody i was so anxious and asked my doc whether serum is doing anything for me.and he gave me a very surprising,uplifting answer-"just use it for six months and you will have a big smile on ur face." i don't know whether to believe his words but they gave me hope.even though many treatments failed in my case i still search and search for relief.it is like a hidden treasure and i am on journey to find it.and i am pretty stubborn.i won't give up until i feel better!!!please ur journey also didn't end yet!!!
                    PS:check out the website:lasiksucks4u.com-they even offer attorneys specializing in lasik lawsuits.plus dr.roger davis Phd. explains the psychological effects of unsuccefull lasik surgery.
                    Last edited by madarka; 04-May-2007, 23:26.

Comment

how are you doing on the serum eye drops? Any improvement yet?

texaseyes

Comment

I actually head my first autologous serum patient in today. She is a long-time user of glaucoma medication, and might be suffering dry eye secondary to the preservatives, but who knows?

The fact is that she swears by the serum, which she has been using for nearly one year since I last saw her. She gets them from UT Southwestern Medical Center. She did not respond to Restasis or any other treatment. So, score one in the "win" column for autologous serum.

Comment

Working...
                        X