This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• starting autologous serum drops tomorrow

I have been suffering from severely dry eyes for the past 2 years (as a result of Lasik). I have exhausted all conventional treatment options. I am currently receiving acupunture although I haven't seen any benefits as far as my eyes are concerned. Tomorrow I will begin autologous serum drops. I am wondering if anyone has had success with these. Thanks.

This is a little old, but it still applies...

http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/showt...ht=serum+diana
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Comment

Thank you. I read the thread and feeling a little encouraged and discouraged at the same time....I guess that is par for the course with dry eyes though. I will let you know how I respond to this serum treatment. -Kelly

Comment

Autogolous serum tears

Dear Kelly,

I have been using autogolous serum tears for two months now.
        I also had severe chronic dry eyes from lasik three years ago.

After using serum, my eyes don't burn so much anymore but they are still dry.
        I use four to five drops a day.
        I have 100% serum and not diluted with saline.

I also use Restasis and thera tears and Dwelle sometimes.

I was told to cut down on different drops.

I think the serum will help you but you have to do other things.
        Have you bought Dr. Latkarny's book? Perhaps you can try Rebecca's
        rice baggy it's very good. You have to clean your eyelids and do all that
        lid compresses etc.

I do notice that at least my eyes are not severely burning after using serum
        but it is too early to tell for me.

You can put the serum in a glad ziploc box and put it in the back of your
        fridge and please wash your hands all the time.

I think that serum will help but like I said, you still need to
        do a lot of other things like wearing special protective glasses and doing lid compresses, taking vitamins, and all the other things.

Good luck.

Comment

confused

Hi-
          Thank you so much for your reply. I am afraid I don't know what a rice baggy is nor do I know how to clean my eyelids. Where can I find this information? Oh-I also haven't heard of a lid compress.... Any input would be appreciated. Thanks, Kelly

Comment

message to Kelly

Hi Kelly,

I am going to write a quick email to you. I only learnt this from Rebecca only a few months ago. People with lasik complications like us often suffer
            from clogged meiobiam? (spelling may be wrong) gland disorder.

I bought the rice baggy from Rebecca's dry eye shop. What you do is
            microwave rice baggy around 45 secs, then on put on your eyelids for around 5 minutes. Sometimes I put rice baggy on for 10 minutes.
            The rice baggy has a soft organic cotten so it is gentle on your eyelids.

Then you gently use a q tip to press your eyelid. You need to buy Dr. Latkarny's book from Dry eye shop and it shows you pictures how to express your eyelids properly.

Your eyes feel much better because our meiobiam glands are clogged.

When you do lid hygiene, bascially we are just putting warm compresses to help our clogged eyelids so our eyes will release healthy oily tears. You can read Dry eye shop encyclopedia, it explains everything there.
            We have inconsistent tears, so we lack these oily tears.

There are many products to buy from Dry Eye shop, my favorites are rice baggy, eyelid cleanser, panoptx moisture chamber sunglasses and Dwelle eye drops.

I only realized I had clogged meiobiam glands after talking to Rebecca and reading Dr. Latkarny's book. Most eye doctors don't tell us that we have to
            do this lid hygiene.

Rebecca is very informative and her products are very excellent. She has always helped me when I call her to ask questions.

Regarding serum, for the first time you draw blood you may feel dizzy so maybe you can bring someone with you so you don't need to drive. Normally they draw 10 to 12 red top tubes and you have to wait a while.
            You need to put all serum in freezer and use one vial normally in fridge for up to 7 days.

If you have questions, you can write back.

Good luck

I just bought these items only a few months ago after suffering for three years.

Comment

Thank you

Thank you so much. I will check out Rebecca's shop and get the necessary items. I appreciate your time. -Kelly

Comment

Working...
              X