Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have a source for autologous serum drops..

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a source for autologous serum drops..

My MD has a found lab in her town that is willing to compound them. I spoke with the man doing it today and he has made exactly on batch for one patient. But he was very, very open and really nice.

Of course, the expense is pretty significant and totlally out of pocket. Never mind a whole morning from work to go to my eye md's, have them draw the blood, spin it down and pack it on ice so I can then head over to the lab and wait for an hour or so while he makes the drops. He figures I would need to do this every two weeks.

My eye MD also did not think this would significantly reduce my use of OTC tears so it's an extra expense, not a swap.

Out of my price range I'm afraid.

Natalie

Natalie, the next time I see my ophth, I am going to bring the serum drop subject up and see what he says. Lucy
    Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Thanks Lucy...

When I spoke with the clinical trials director at ORC about the upcoming trials for Androgen drops, I also mentioned serum...he told me that they had not seen a lot of quantifiable results from autologous serum and dry eye. So it's a matter of how desperate I become I guess.

The 10% humidity in my office building is just killing me. Last night, I came home from work, used 4 entire vials of theratears, Alrex, ice packs and finally just went to bed. And this morning my eyes are a mess.

Natalie

Comment

Working...
      X