Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone know where is the best place to live in the US with dry eye ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

George,

I'm--again--rather with indrep on this one.

Temp & humidity stats leave out something CRUCIALLY important: who uses what kind of climate control, where, when, and how often.

I lived in Florida--as did Rebecca. It's brutally humid nearly all year in most of South Florida, BUT....air conditioning BLASTS everywhere you go. It parches the eyes.

Ditto the Carolinas. Ditto Georgia, etc.

To me, Rebecca nailed some of the criteria: light winds, no major altitude, low allergens, and the fewest heating AND cooling days (fairly common term) in winter and summer. If you want to be a prisoner in your own home--as I nearly became when I nearly moved to Colorado--then weather's not so much of an issue, BUT...what will your friends do with THEIR a/c? If it's that humid, will you have to blast the (air conditioned) defroster in your car to keep the windows clear (ugh, brutal), office buildings, drug stores, grocery stores, shopping malls, etc., etc.

All the best,
    Neil
    Seville, Spain
    Raining cats and dogs today.
    Aaaaahhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Neil

My freshman year of college was in Seville, Univ. of Columbus. Hope you have a good time there. It was truly one of the best years of my life up to that time. I now have a wonderful wife and family and these are the best years of my life.

It can be brutally hot and dry there in the summer.

Comment

Clima

I live in Ixtapa, Mexico, which is on the Pacific, three hours north of Acapulco. It is hot and humid everyday and I'm dry as can be. Perhaps I'd be worse elsewhere but I'm sure having a heck of time keeping my eyes wet....

Adios, David

ps The majority of places here are not air conditioned......

Comment

Hi Neil

Neil,
          I just want to thank you very much for your input. I was very skeptical when you posted it, but now as I got back in Alabama the A/C in buildings kills me.
          Now I miss WA state and less climate control usage. While I am at home in AL the humidity is not less than 50% now in winter time.

Happy New Year !!

George

Comment

The worst and best U.S cities for Dry Eyes patients

see more info http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/showthread.php?t=4998

Comment

Working...
            X