Fashionable Glasses Possible!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fashionable Glasses Possible!

I see a lot of posts here from previous contact lens wearers who absolutely hate glasses and feel extremely self conscious. I had worn contacts for ten years, am in my 20's, and have a -10 prescription. Getting use to wearing glasses was near impossible to me. I thought I would be stuck wearing super thick glasses that make my already small eyes appear even smaller. I was extremely self conscious.

Well, several months of shopping around and checking out many boutique eyeglass stores, I finally found a cute fashionable that completely hides the thickness of my glasses, and just walking out of the optical store, I already got quite a few compliments from other customers and people on the street. It was very difficult for me to find a nice pair of glasses mainly because of the thickness of my lens and also the bridge of my nose isn't high enough to support a pair of fashionable plastic frames. I thought I would be stuck with the wire frames with nose pads, which would accentuate the thickness of my lens. But finally, I found a super cute artsy plastic pair, that completely hides how strong of a prescription I have, and actually sits on my face, and sits close enough that my eyes don't appear smaller due to my prescription.

I would actually wear these glasses by choice, which is something I had never experienced before. Of course, it helps that glasses are in style now. So, for all of you who absolutely hate wearing glasses, spend some time shopping around, especially boutique optical stores, you might actually find a pair you like and enjoy wearing. If I can hide my -10 prescription and look "normal" and even artistic, I am certain you can too. Check out the Lafont, they have tons of cute styles. It will make the burden of the aesthetics of DE a bit easier.

I am glad you found a cute pair. My mom has a pair of coach ones that are like that. I like my rx sunglasses but hate wearing regular glasses and it has been 2 years since this started. I have rimless sillouhetes(spelling?) so they blend in more. I think some people look cute in glasses just not for me but what can one do. Right now I just want to be pain free

Comment

odydnas, I'll report this to my daughter. She can wear soft lens and is a -10. She does need glasses for when she isn't in her contacts or whatever.
      Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Working...
      X