Not sure which one will work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure which one will work?

Can someone help me out? I have searched the internet, I have searched this website, read so many different blogs I don't have any clue on which one to choose? I need to get some Moisture Chamber Goggles. This is what I am looking for: a google that I can wear inside the house, needs to be clear lenses to see inside (no sunglasses), holds in moisture-no air can get into it, doesn't fog, seal tight. Can someone suggest any brand and maybe send me the website so I can check it out. I would really appreciated it. I seriously need some help with my eyes. They are so dry and living in the AZ desert and hopping from air conditioner to air conditioner to fans doesnt help either
    Thank you !!!!!
    PS: Seriously I love this website !!!!!

Originally posted by summer View Post
    This is what I am looking for: a google that I can wear inside the house, needs to be clear lenses to see inside (no sunglasses), holds in moisture-no air can get into it, doesn't fog, seal tight.
    Tight seal = foam-lined BUT it also needs to be a frame that fits you properly. There is no one size that fits all.

Also bear in mind...

Tight seal = it will fog in certain circumstances, guaranteed. I don't know any product out there that is perfectly fog free. But for example in my panoptx I'm fog-free almost all the time. Occasionally while driving I'll push them down my nose a bit to clear.

Statistically I think the clear-lens product that works best for the most people is Onion Goggles. You can get them in the dry eye shop, or from other online retailers (probably amazon), or from local kitchen products stores. I've seen them at high end grocery stores as well.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Even my Panoptx goggles/glasses fog at time. There isn't a pair of goggles or glasses that would never fog, or be guaranteed not to fog because temperature changes can cause it. Also the glasses a little off center on your face can cause it, with cooler or warmer air getting in.

I think the Onion goggles would be the best to buy and the best for your money as Rebecca said. Be glad you don't need mine. They were $500 because of being prescription and bifocals! I will have to keep those a loooooong time to break even. I love them though and they allow me to do stuff I couldn't otherwise. (Ride on the back of a motorcycle.) Lucy
      Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Re: Onion Goggles

Thank you both, I will give the onion goggles a try. I will start simple/and a little cheaper then work my way up. Thank you again!

Comment

Hi summer,

I live in AZ also. My 7Eye (formerly called PanOptx) glasses are a lifesaver - I can even drive my convertible.

For indoor wear, you may find that anything, including readers, will help. Sometimes all you have to do to get relief, is shield your eyes from drafts. If you wear glasses. lots of stores have fitovers - but they are generally too big to fit my face. Lowe's and other home improvement stores have clear and tinted safety glasses which fit better and wrap enough to give relief also.

If you want to try the nicer glasses, I suggest you go to a Harley-Davidson store, or Dick's Sporting Goods. They both tend to carry a decent selection so you can check how they look and fit. But be prepared - glasses with moisture chambers can be pretty expensive, especially if you need a prescription. (I spent $250 on 7Eye with polarized lenses that darken in sunlight, with no prescription)

Good luck,

Lynne
          Phoenix, AZ

Comment

Good Suggestions !!!!

Thank you Lynne, for your suggestions, I need all the help I can get. I have tried readers and I need more of a seal around the cheek area and the sides in fact I would like it to sweat a little if it could but I will research the other glasses you suggested. The place I really dislike going into is the Walmart entrance. They have so much wind when you first walk into the store I have to shield my eye with my hand to avoid it. Between the dry heat wind from outside and the air conditioning from inside, my eye is usually history by the end of the day. My best place to be is in my house with my humidifer going all day long. Thank you again !!!
            Summer

Comment

Working...
            X