X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Troubles fitting goggles

Hi everyone,
    So I want to purchase a pair of foam-lined sunglasses for my trip to Africa, but have had a hard time finding anything that fits. Maybe I have the wrong idea about how they are supposed to fit?

So far, they all seem to hang off the front of my face. And they don't come close to sealing across the upper bridge area of my nose. I don't have a prominent nose bridge, and also have wide set eyes.

I just got a GREAT deal on Wiley-X air rage. But I have the same issues I just listed above. Without the foam liners they fit fine- really tight. So I will probably keep them.

But I would like to find some foam lined ones that fit my face. I can see that if I used a tight strap they would work, but I was hoping to avoid that.

Any other models that have worked well for people? Thanks!

Laura, it IS hard to get a good fit with goggles. I've had mine for several years and treat them with utmost respect. :-)......I think they are Panoptx Solano. They are too big for me, but it was the closest I could get at the time. With prescription and progressive bifocals, I'm just happy that I have something I can wear at the times when I need them. I'm so used to them, I barely notice the "bigness" of the frames. I hope you can find something you're happy with.

Furthermore, I am so jealous of your trip to Africa. How wonderful you have this opportunity. We'll all be waiting for details of your trip after you're back. As long as you have all your eye supplies, you shouldn't have any problems! Lucy
    Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Laura, perhaps Clic goggles?
      Rebecca Petris
      The Dry Eye Foundation
      dryeyefoundation.org
      800-484-0244

Comment

I have a pair of Clik goggles. If you want info, just PM me. Or you can look them up on google. Lucy

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Lucy, what's your opinion on the Clic Goggles going over glasses. They mention that in their website, but I couldn't find any pictures or measurements.

Thanks,

Calli

Comment

Calli, the goggles I have would certainly not be worn over other glasses. I think they are a small size and were given to me. They do fit me, however, I'd need contact lens that I could wear before I can wear the Clics.

I looked on their website and didn't see any that would fit over glasses, but I didn't search for a long time. These goggles are made to be tight to the face, at least the ones I have with foam liner. I might wonder how it would feel to wear them with the rigid part around the back of the head.

I'm not trying to discourage, but giving my opinion since I'm in posession of a pair of these goggles. Obviously they are a different type if yours can be worn over glasses. Lucy

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Working...
            X