X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moisture chamber goggles which can take high prescription

Hi!
    First I want to wish you a mery Christmas!
    I hope you can enjoy the christmas days with your family and friends!

In Germany it is very cold currently and everybody is heating! Always when I'm visiting friends who love warm heated air my eyes become worst. And this deterioration remains many days after the visit:-(
    So I decided to try moisture chamber goggles which I can wear in these situations. I always hesitated to use those goggles because I have servere myopia (-8.0 dioptries) but now I hope I'll find some goggles which can take this perscription.
    Can you recommend goggles with prescription? I found the seefit-homepage - these goggles look very cute (nearly like normal glasses) but I can't find any field reports about these goggles. Did anyone try these goggles? Or is there anyone who wears high prescription moisture chamber goggles who can help me?
    Please don't hesitate to correct my English - I'm still learning

Susie, I have Panoptx goggles in a wraparound style, but they are -4.5 and I don't think you can find any at your high RX. It's a matter of how they can have the glass with the "wrap" so that you do not have water (fishbowl) effect from the lens. I just know when I was looking, my strength was about the limit.

You can look for fitovers or maybe the MEGs that are mentioned on the dry eye board. Good luck. Lucy
    Last edited by Lucy; 26-Dec-2009, 00:02. Reason: addition
    Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Thank you very much for your reply Lucy. So I think I'll have to try the MEGs. But I'm a litte bit insecure because nearly nobody in this forum has tried them yet...
      But I think they are my only chance.

Comment

I know a lot of people who have used MEGs successfully. They are not a complete seal, but they're still very good. Other than MEGs, the only option currently available for high Rx (other than fitovers) is custom moisture chambers like Eaglevision.
        Rebecca Petris
        The Dry Eye Foundation
        dryeyefoundation.org
        800-484-0244

Comment

Thanks a lot for your reply. Than I'll try the MEGs I think. I hope the MEGs can be delivered to Germany, but I think this is possible
          Perhaps I can use them with my scleral lenses (I hope the sclerals won't hurt so much when they are in a moisture chamber). If not, I'll go to my optician to get prescription lenses.

Comment

MEGs

Hi Susie,

I actually have a pair of MEGs that work very well for me. I also find that since it's winter here the warm air makes my eyes water when I'm staring at the computer. The key to MEGs is finding the right fit. I have a rounder face, so the Unisex fits better than the Women's glasses. I recently put my prescription in for these glasses, so I can wear them as normal glasses without the goggle part. Hope this helps

-Longhorngal

Comment

Hey longhorngal, thank you very much for your reply.
              I've already written to Debby from seefit three weeks ago, but she told me that she can't answer right now, because her mother past away. And I have to know if there is a problem to deliver them to Germany befor I order the MEGs

Can I ask you one question: My DES Symptons are mostly quite ok. I have my drops und my routines and meanwhile I'm used to moderate dry eye pain so mostly I don't notice the pain.
              But when the environmental conditions are but (for example in heated or air conditioned rooms) my eyes are the worst. Then they got blood-red, inflammed, swollen. Then the dry eye pain is nearly unbearable.

Can the MEGs protect my eyes from bad environmental conditions? Can I be in a heated or air conditioned rooms whith the MEGs without big problems...?

Comment

Working...
              X