This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• should i buy Wileyx or Panoptx (7eye) RX goggles

I will be able to get new rx goggles in Feb through my insurance but I woud like to know which is better the WileyX or the 7Eye(Panoptx) RX goggles? Any suggestions?

Izzy, one thing to consider is what brand gives you the best fit. If you have a good fit with 7Eye and it's less than the Panoptx, go for it.

You really need to go to a local Harley Davidson dealer or other bike shop and see what styles they have and what fits you well. Also consider whether you need an RX in the lens. Most will not take but a small correction.

I'd think it's personal preference, then consider cost vs. fit, availability etc.
    I have RX Panoptx goggles with foam removable eye cups and they have progressive bifocals, plus the Transition lens. I love them and have had them for several years. Others will probably give you some good tips. Many have been happy with 7Eyes. Lucy
    Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Lucy, thanks yeah the fit is the right thing. yep I have been looking at the motorcycle shops but my insurance won't cover them from there. I do need RX. but on the website for 7eye and wileyx i found a few local eyeglass shops that do carry them. I need to get shopping around. By the way, Panoptx is now called 7eye it is on their website so they would be the same as what you have but I have heard a lot good about wileyx so a goggle shopping i will go!
      Last edited by izzy3usa2002; 20-Jan-2010, 00:59.

Comment

Thanks Chemia i will be sure to do that.

Comment

Izzy, when you're ready, let me know and I can tell you how I had to get my RX goggles. I had to jump through hoops, my insurance didn't cover them, but it was worth it. I took it slow and read all the "Must do's" and everything was ok. Business/docs do not like to work with someone else's product.
          Lucy
          Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy View Post
            Izzy, when you're ready, let me know and I can tell you how I had to get my RX goggles.
            Lucy
            I would like to take you up on this advice as well. I am thinking about splurging on prescription sunglasses. I plan on visiting the local Harley dealer this Saturday to try on some 7eye goggles with removable foam barriers. If I can find a pair to fit my freakishly tiny face (I wear glasses that are designed for tweens and petite woman) I will consider purchasing them. Once I get to that point, I'll let you know. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X