This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bought prescription 7 eye (Panoptx motorcycle) goggles

I received my prescription 7eye goggles and tried them out on my commute for the first time. I bought these for driving (my Prius, not a motorcycle - vroom vroom) since I commute 2.5 hours a day. The heat from the car dries my eyes out and makes them really irritated even if I put it on floor and close all the vents. I think it mainly has to do with dry air as I am very sensitive to changes in humidity. I also CANNOT tolerate anything blowing in my eyes.

So, I did like the 7 eye googles. I know they were providing a good moisture chamber for my eyes because I had to keep adjusting the glasses so that the left eye wouldn't fog. (How did I manage to fog an anti-fog coated lens???) Once I figured out how to sit them on my nose so there was a tiny gap, I was comfortable and fog-free. I bought the glasses that had the removeable foam cups per Lucy and others' advice. Unfortunately, I was extremely limited on selection due to my freakishly tiny face. The Diablo and Cape were the only models with adjustable earpieces, so they were the only ones that even came close to working. I bought the 24:7 photocromic lenses (i.e. transitions) and they are light enough in the indoors/cloudy light that they can be worn comfortably indoors or before the sun comes up. I haven't worn them in the sun yet to see how dark they get (Sun...feel free to come back to Indiana any time).

I think these would be a good choice for people who need to wear goggles/air dams all the time. The photocromic lenses can be worn indoors and outdoors, eliminating the need for separate glasses. Unfortunately, they only take prescriptions up to a -3 unless you get the adapters (then up to -7).

The other downside is they are ugly as sin ...a price I am willing to pay for 2.5 hours/day of extra comfort. I can't wait for spring so I can try them out on my bicycle and see how well they work keeping the wind out.

$410 investment, but the prescription came out right and they fit well. Hip hip hooray for 2.5 hours of spa-like comfort!

I own 7Eye Gale (frames) sunglasses with air dam.

I also have WileyX Airborne (frames) with clear lenses.

I much prefer my 7Eye. The fit is great (not too tight like onion goggles and WileyX) and the air dam protects my eyes enough to help with pain.

My next purchase will need to be something with prescription for reading/computer work. I hate to think about the expense after all the other costly things I do for my eyes (e.g., laser, plugs, restasis, voltaren, and on and on and on...).

Comment

I wear 7Eye Churadas, and I refuse to think they are ugly! I prefer to call them functional.

They allow me to do long drives in my convertible, to spend time outdoors, while preserving moisture and protecting my eyes against dust and grit.

Comment

Working...
      X