This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi SAAG,

I will try to find some optician in Brazil to make it, with your instructions in hand.
    But I have a doubt.

How is the plastic pasted? I mean, when you wrap the plastic around the lenses I suppose the "begining" and the "end" of the plastic shall be pasted, right?

Comment

Originally posted by bakunin View Post
      How is the plastic pasted? I mean, when you wrap the plastic around the lenses I suppose the "begining" and the "end" of the plastic shall be pasted, right?
      No pasting required There is a tiny groove inside the frames that holds the lens in place - the plastic is held in place between the lens and the frame purely by the pressure of the lens against that tiny groove in the frame.

Comment

Originally posted by SAAG View Post
        No pasting required There is a tiny groove inside the frames that holds the lens in place - the plastic is held in place between the lens and the frame purely by the pressure of the lens against that tiny groove in the frame.

humm... No pasting?
        I don't know if I made me understand (due to my bad english I have this doubt). When we make a tube from a paper or a plastic in rectangle form, we need to stick together the two borders of the rectangle that touch each other. You mean that the borders of the plastic in the shields stay closed to each other along the shield (even where it touches the face) only by the pressure of the frame/lenses?

thank you very much SAAG

Comment

You mean that the borders of the plastic in the shields stay closed to each other along the shield (even where it touches the face) only by the pressure of the frame/lenses?

thank you very much SAAG
          Whoops, sorry, I missed that part! But yes, even there, there is no pasting required. The edges just come together and stay where they belong - the plastic is stiff enough that it holds its shape in the "tube"

Comment

Originally posted by SAAG View Post
            Whoops, sorry, I missed that part! But yes, even there, there is no pasting required. The edges just come together and stay where they belong - the plastic is stiff enough that it holds its shape in the "tube"
            Thanks SAAG!

Yesterday, coincidentally, I watched on youtube the TV program about Lasik which you gave an interview. Three things amazed me:

- The great job Mark did in your moisture chamber glasses;
            - Your beautiful eyes;
            - Your skills putting eye drops. You would be gold medal in a Dry Eye Olympics.

bests
            Last edited by bakunin; 08-Oct-2012, 11:08.

Comment

Yesterday, coincidentally, I watched in youtube the TV program about Lasik which you gave an interview.
              OMG, it's on YouTube?!!?? And here I was hoping that little interview would vanish into oblivion.... oh well... should of seen that one coming I guess

You would be gold medal in a Dry Eye Olympics.
              Shhhh!!! Don't tell anyone - I want to keep my advantage over the competition... better to have them underestimate my skills with an eyedropper! haha

Comment

How can we find this film? Sounds great!

Comment

Originally posted by sunshinelover View Post
                  How can we find this film? Sounds great!
                  This one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzgOZlDF58c

Comment

Do you have a current contact for these glasses in winnipeg? I need some moisture glassed asap and live in wpg.

Comment

Working...
                    X