X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wiley-x lens hurts my eyes

Hello,

I just a bought a new pair of airrage wiley-x sunglasses with polarization. I had to pay extra because of my high prescription. When I asked the optician what color lens to get and what the differences between the lenses were she said there was very little between the brown and the gray and that she thought the brown lens would look nice with the brown sunglasses. There was no sample lens for me to try on.

I received the glasses a few days ago and the brown lens bothers my eyes. I think it's too bright for me, the light seems to bother my eyes worse than with my regular clear glasses.

I just went on the wiley-x website and it seems that the polarized brown lens lets in 19% of light and the polarized gray lets in 13% -- I think I am reading that right. Would 6% make a difference?

I will definitely go to the optician and ask if they can change the lens (after I try it out at the store if they have it) to gray polarized.

If they will not change it out for a minimal amount, does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do to make it darker or change the tint? Are there stick-on stickers I can get or could lenscrafters possibly do something?

Did Wiley-X do the prescription? Their prescription technology is superior to any optician. Unless they are a licensed Wiley X optician with the same technology. They do incredible work with the lens and the tints. They have this new technology now where the lens are fitted flush and perfectly into the frame. Any their tints are superior to any optician doing prescription tints. Again, unless they have the same machine, lens, and tints. I had ordered prescription lens from an optician here before and the tint was awful and becuase of the curvature of the lens they were blurry and awful. The Wiley X lens completed at the Wiley X labs do not distort vision no matter the curvature.

Comment

Wiley-x did do the lens and the vision is great, there is no distortion. I am very happy with the glasses overall. My problem is the lens tint/color (I think it's brown or amber) really bothers my eyes. I wish I had ordered the dark grey -- I didn't know this brownish amber color would be so light. I am going to the store where I bought it to discuss this with the optician tomorrow.

Thanks for telling me your story chemia, I hope it goes as well for me!

Comment

I went back and spoke to the optician two days ago at the shop and he said he would make my glasses darker and grey, no problem, no charge. He was really nice about it.

He called today and said they were ready, so I will pick them up tomorrow. I hope this works out.

I am so glad they are being so good about it, I was really worried about potentially having wasted money on these glasses. Plus, I was hoping to keep going back to this shop if my prescription changed. They have so many wiley-x, seven eye, and rudyproject glasses in-store to try on and that is so rare!

Comment

Working...
        X