This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sports/Athletic Goggles

I know there are many posts addressing several glasses or goggles available for day to day activities. but I couldn't find much information on goggles specifically for outdoor activities (mountain biking in my case). Everything I have tried foggs up hopelessly, or doesn't provide much coverage (like typical wraparound sunglasses).

Has anyone had any success in this department, something that is a moisture chamber design that also does not fog up?
    Thanks!

When you snorkel, you can prevent/minimize fogging on your mask by either rubbing spit on it (I know... gross...), toothpaste (very thin layer...can't remember if you use the gel kind or the regular paste kind), or a product that you purchase specifically for this purpose at a snorkel/scuba gear shop. Maybe this would work for our goggles too? I've used all of these methods when snorkeling, and they do help... it's been a while though, so I can't remember which one worked the best

... You apply whatever product you happen to choose on the inside of the goggle lens...

Anyhow, haven't tried this on my dry eye goggles, but I suppose it would work... the main issue is whether or not it would damage any coatings on the lenses I suppose....

Comment

Wiley X, order some antifog product with it. Call Wiley X and ask them. Or ask Rebecca she might sell the Antifog product as well. Comes in a little packet. But, Wileys hardly ever fog up.

Comment

Yeah, you need something to vent out the air or like everyone else suggested some kind of anti fog product you can put on the goggles. If you spend a little time on the internet you can find a ton of good goggles. From my experience do some good research and find a good pair if you are going to use them often.

Comment

I've heard of people drilling some air holes in the sides of their goggles to allow for the flow of air. You'd have to think about how expensive your goggles are and if it's worth trying this. Lucy
          Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Working...
          X