X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moisture chamber goggles at home

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for some input on the following question.

What type of moisture chamber goggles are you wearing inside?

What has worked best for you?

Am experimenting myself and would like some suggestions.

Thanks to everyone who takes the time to reply!

7 Eyes

Look on the 7 Eyes website. They have some glasses with clear or yellow lenses that can be worn inside. They are the only things that make me feel normal when I'm having a bad eye day. You may have some explaining to do to people around you, but I've gotten to the point where I don't care what people think. We all need to function.

Comment

When at home, for indoor use I wear my clear lens Airrage Wiley's... they look pretty freaky, but do the job very well... plus, I don't have to be stressed about breaking them when my boys (age 3 and 1) use me as a jungle gym lol

At work, I wear my custom moisture chambers because they look almost 100% like normal glasses, yet offer really good protection from moving air when I'm walking around etc.

Comment

glasses to wear at home

My eyes are extremely dry. When you say "custom" glasses, what kind are you referring to? I am new here and am new at looking for moisture chamber glasses that are clear, prescription and look normal.

Thank you.

barbns

Comment

Originally posted by Barbns View Post
          My eyes are extremely dry. When you say "custom" glasses, what kind are you referring to? I am new here and am new at looking for moisture chamber glasses that are clear, prescription and look normal.

Thank you.

barbns
          Barbns, welcome.

Custom moisture chambers are literally custom made: an optician cuts and fits special panels onto an ordinary pair of glasses.

What is your prescription? That is going to be a key limiting factor as regards your moisture chamber options. 7Eye and Wiley-X glasses will mostly accommodate up to -3 or -4 ish, sometimes higher.

The only thing you can get that remotely resembles "normal" in a prescription moisture chamber is MEGs (see www.seefit.net) and custom moisture chambers.

7Eye is coming out with a really neat new product specifically for us dry eye folks. I got a sample a few days ago and I totally love it. Unfortunately it's even more expensive than the things we already have. But if you've got a generous budget, keep an eye out for it, it's called Ziena. It's a biggish womens style with a semi-opaque silicone eyecup that attaches with tiny magnets.

It's steep ($250 before Rx, plus eyecups need changing monthly) but... I have to say I'm totally in love with it because it's super comfortable, doesn't fog, and does a great job. Hands down best driving glasses I've ever had for dry eye - zero fogging (so far). I'm used to having to push WileyX and 7Eye glasses down my nose now and then to defog while driving. It's a really slick design and I love being foamless. I'm writing to Santa asking for a cheap knockoff on the market soon
          Rebecca Petris
          The Dry Eye Foundation
          dryeyefoundation.org
          800-484-0244

Comment

Originally posted by Barbns View Post
            When you say "custom" glasses, what kind are you referring to?
            Here's a link to my dryeyezone blog entry with pics etc.

http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/blog.php?b=215

Comment

Optometrists who can make custom moisture chambers?

I've got one pair of custom-made moisture chambers, however, I had to go to Miami (from VA) to have him fit the plastic onto the otherwise normal set of lenses.

I sent letters to about 10 random optometrists around town in seach for someone more local who can make these.

Is this a list of optometrists somewhere who can do these? Thus far, I found one guy in Miami, the mayo clinic in MN and one of the posters here (SAAG, I believe) found someone up north.

Thanks....

Comment

Optometrists who can make custom moisture chambers?

Does anyone know of an optician in the pacific northwest who makes these?

Thanks!

Comment

I've got a guy in NYC and a guy on L.I. who does them if anyone needs referrals ...

Comment

Working...
                  X