This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharpview vs. Polarized

I am getting ready to order a pair of 7eye Briza sunglasses. I want the maximum protection from the sun, because I am light sensitive. However, I do not know which lens is the best sharpview or polarized. Has anyone used either of this lens for helping with light sensitivity and has either helped? Any information would be greatly appreciated. I hate to make the purchase until knowing which would be the most beneficial.

lens colors

I am also light sensitive. I have the sharptech copper 7 eyes goggles and also a pair of dark gray polarized prescription goggles. Both are equally good outside; however, if you need to wear them inside under fluorescent lights the copper is a better choice. I think it is supposed to filter out the blue quality of light. I still feel kind of weird under commercial light but the copper helps.

Comment

7Eye has so many lens choices and their explanations are difficult to understand.

I suggest you need to go by the light transmission specifications: Lower transmission means a darker lens that blocks more sunlight. Polarized lenses do a better job of blocking glare than non-polarized. Those lenses also have a mirror coating.

SharpView Gray PC 12%
      ColorAmp Gray NXT 13%
      Polarized NXT Gray 13%
      Polarized NXT Copper 13%
      ColorAmp Copper NXT 14%
      SharpView Copper PC 15%

I doubt you will detect much difference between 12% and 13%. I would go with the polarized lenses.

Have you seen / tried on the Brizas? I suggest you really need to try them on before spending the $$$. Also - Churadas also fit women even though they are shown in the mens collection. You can generally find 7Eye glasses at Harley-Davidson Motorcycle stores.

Comment

Working...
      X