This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Megs v. other glasses for small face

Based on pictures I've seen of the Wiley-x, panoptx and Megs glasses, I think the Megs would probably look best on me, since I have a very small face (I can sometimes wear kids' sizes) and the glasses don't seem to come in many sizes. Does anyone have any thoughts about a good moisture chamber glasses for a small face (woman)? I have left two messages with the number on the Megs website and no one has called me back. Does anyone know whether you can buy Megs anywhere other than the website? And if they don't fit, will Megs take them back?

Finally, I see the "dustbuster 1" glasses for sale in the Dry Eye Shop. Has anyone used those? The main reason I want glasses is to keep out foreign objects. Thanks!
    Michelle

The MEGS are really good and I would agree that's the best bet for very small faces assuming you need something for indoor use. If you're looking for outdoor there are some more options - depending on your tolerance for the goggle look. Clic Goggles come in a small size that works well for some women with small faces (also Asian noses which are tough to fit with anything like Panoptx). There's a few other things kicking around, I think Adidas makes one too that's fairly small, and Harley makes one that works well on very narrow faces.

I've had quite a lot of positive feedback from people on the Dustbusters, surprisingly so considering it's a pretty cheapo little goggle, but it works and part of what people are liking is that the foam isn't heavy/itchy.

If preventing stuff from getting in is the main issue - is this meant for an environment where stuff is flying around that's creating problems for you, dust etc? If so, I would definitely hold out for finding one of the more conventional full foam seals. MEGs have a pretty good seal but a big gap underneath. Dustbusters are a decently close fit but not to the skin.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Thanks for your response, Rebecca. Unfortunately I have now left 3 messages with "Seefit" the makers of MEGS and no one has gotten back to me. I am looking for something for inside and outdoor use. I don't normally wear sunglasses outside, so that's not an issue for me. I know that MEGS don't seal 100% but I was hoping they'd be good enough. I just don't think I can handle the foam seal 24/7...I still have a tiny bit of vanity left! (not much though) Either way, it may be time to look elsewhere though since i can't seem to get a hold of anyone who makes MEGs. Thanks again.

Comment

i tried pnoptx aka 7eye... wayyyy too big for my face.. i guess they have to make most of their products to fit the avg american male which is overweight. so im still looking for better glasses.. maybe wileys

Comment

Seefit has a lousy customer service. I road them a lot of mails with questions about MEGS and got no answer. Than I decided to buy a pair of MEGs, but this does not work over the system, when you are not from the United States. So I wrote to them again and asked how I can order MEGs from Europe. And tada... I got an answer, two hours later....;-)
          I don't know how this company can exist with this lousy service... I think they have the moisture chamber goggles monopol
          For me, MEGs didn't work. I have a small face, too. There are to many gaps between the shields and my face. In air conditioned rooms my eyes still dry out... And they look very weird on small faces, especially if you wear small glasses normally...
          I would recommend you custom moisture chamber goggles as SAAG wears.
          Please don't hesitate to correct my English - I'm still learning

Comment

Working...
          X