Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

your experience with moisture barrier glasses?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• your experience with moisture barrier glasses?

Has anyone used these type of glasses to aid in dry eye comfort? I have Boston lenses, but they continue to fog up after a few hours of wear. I'm not sure exactly what the cause is, other than severe dry eye, so I thought this might be an easy, low cost remedy. I ordered from the Dry Eye Zone store. Appreciate anyone's thoughts and experience; or anything else you'd recommend. Thanks

Using 7 Eyes - Panoptyx

Hi Izer,
    I have been using 7 eyes with moisture shields for about 3 mos. now. I have been extremely happy with the way they block cold air and wind, both of which not only dry my eyes out further, but cause severe pain. With exertion, or when first going from a warm place (my apt) out into the cold and into the car, they fog up some. But I do what Rebecca does, and simply slide them down my nose till they clear. That only takes a minute or two. After that, they're fine. They have been a Godsend for me.

I have purchased also the airshield transitions glasses which go from almost clear to gray. They look more like goggles (while the sunglasses look normal) because the black foam shows through the clear lenses some. But I have decided I'd rather look like I have ski goggles on, then to have eyes so dry and painful that everything is a big blur to me. Though truth to tell, I have mainly used them for driving in the dark. I haven't used them for everyday wear yet, like at work. I know I will initially be self-conscious, but that's ok, it will pass. Better I look like a dork, than that I can't see, and hurt a lot.

Comment

Working...
    X