X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TE problems & alternatives (speedos?)

Hi guys,

I got my tranquileyes about a week ago but have been having some problems. I have had one of the foam pads come off after a few days (glued it back on but not quite right), and they come off 3 or 4 times a night. I am a die hard tummy/side sleeper and they just seem to come right off.

I think the problem is mainly with my tightening strap, perhaps I am doing it wrong, but I tighten the strap by pulling the obvious piece through, and from here there is nothing stopping the mechanism from coming instantly loose again as far as I can see.

I am trying to track down my problem so my goggles are used for a combo of protection from allergens/detergents, as well as a general aid with night time dryness. I am wondering if I would have more success with something I could tighten on better, with a lower profile. I have heard mention of speedos being used. I presume this would be similar to quartz/onyx from the dry eye store (I hesitate to order these as the tightening strap looks similar to TE, and I may have to pay customs to the UK).

What do you think of these? good reviews for a firm non leak fit. Is it a BAD thing to have an airtight seal? i.e. lack of oxygen to the eye (in which case perhaps I could punch a tiny hole in each eye cup).

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Speedo-Futur...pr_product_top

Would be great to hear your thoughts and comments about speedos or TE use- I also have some (much smaller) goggles with foam lining but they are pretty small and form a very small area around my eyes so I hesitate to wear them all night for some reason. Perhaps though the foam lining makes sense?

Thanks
    John

oops, just noticed i posted this in the eyewear (day) forum, apologies.
    John

Comment

Working...
    X