Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

best Panoptyx/Wiley Xs for onion goggle user?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best Panoptyx/Wiley Xs for onion goggle user?

hi guys, I was thinking I really need a set of the more high end goggles that can take prescription. So anyone have an idea of which would be best fit for someone who uses Onion goggles, which fit really well on me? I have a pair of Wiley x Brick for the sun but they always feel too big on my face. Actually all the Wileys felt big when i tried them...I dont know of any local dealers that sell Panoptyx(& their dealer page isnt working).

also can you get them with a clear lens but not have to pay the extra $ for photochrome?
    miserable in Miami...

Originally posted by chimera View Post
    hi guys, I was thinking I really need a set of the more high end goggles that can take prescription. So anyone have an idea of which would be best fit for someone who uses Onion goggles, which fit really well on me? I have a pair of Wiley x Brick for the sun but they always feel too big on my face. Actually all the Wileys felt big when i tried them...I dont know of any local dealers that sell Panoptyx(& their dealer page isnt working).

also can you get them with a clear lens but not have to pay the extra $ for photochrome?
    Cyclone is usually the hands down winner for onion goggle wearers. Very similar in shape and fit. Only, the onion goggles are stiffer and can be snug at the sides for some, while the cyclone is a more versatile fit. They had stopped making them but have brought them back by popular demand. Unfortunately not available in clear but they're cheaper than the other 7Eyes since the foam is built on. I am not sure if they're available on the 7Eye website - If not, you can call and order them from them at 1-925-484-0292. I have them in my shop but I think they're out of stock in the light adjusting lenses. Should have more within a week.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Try your local Harley-Davidson store.

Comment

thanks...

Id like one where you can remove the foam, you cant do that withh the Cyclone, also Id like one that more snug & curved like the OGs
        Im thinking either the WX Airage or the PTyx Churada/Briza...

I know they sell Wxs at Pro Bass which is wear I bought my Brick but I dont think they had any in clear lens...they didnt have any Panoptyx/7Eye.
        I need to fnd where theres a HD store in my area....

does anyne know if glasses like these would be covered by insurance? I have medicare/medicaid (Im disabled but not for dry eye)
        miserable in Miami...

Comment

anyone know which brand b/w Wiley-X & Panoptyx is better for smaller faces? i still cant decide b/w WileyX airage & panoptyx briza/churada. And there are no HD stores near me.
          miserable in Miami...

Comment

Originally posted by chimera View Post
            anyone know which brand b/w Wiley-X & Panoptyx is better for smaller faces? i still cant decide b/w WileyX airage & panoptyx briza/churada. And there are no HD stores near me.
            Have you called 7Eye to see if there are any other (non HD) dealers? In that area I would imagine there would at least be a few eye doctors that stock them. No matter what 'size' something is, it's guesswork on whether it will fit your face shape without trying them on.

Churada is smaller than Briza. AirRage is smaller than anything 7Eye makes.

You said the Pro Bass store didn't have AirRage in clear, but you're getting these with Rx right? Whether they're making them there or getting them from WileyX they should be able to do it in clear. If not once you're sure whether the frame fits you can call WileyX and get them done there.
            Rebecca Petris
            The Dry Eye Foundation
            dryeyefoundation.org
            800-484-0244

Comment

hi Rebecca, thanks for the info, its very helpful. you know I should get airage but I really like the churadas as they come in dark t-shell, (sigh). But I tried airage at the store & they felt similar to the brick i have now(which arent as snug on me as the Onion goggles) so I know the panoptyx are going to feel bigger on me.

also do you know if its possible to get goggles like these covered by medicare ? how would I have to go about purchasing them(like from where?) if they are covered? i have no idea about how that works.
              miserable in Miami...

Comment

Working...
              X