This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Daytime Eyewear to Use over prescription glasses

I have a big test coming up in August and I am needing to spend many hours studying for it. However, it is very difficult to focus with my dry eyes. Are there any day time moisture chamber goggles that I can use which will cover my prescription glasses?

Please let me know,
    Thank you

I purchased a pair of these glasses over a year ago, with prescription lenses, and they are the only way I can work on a computer or read/study:

http://www.spitseyewear.com/product/...ic-Lenses.html

When I ordered, they first sent a box with 4 different styles to try on. I selected the one that fit my face best, filled out the order form that came with the box, and sent that, the trial frames, and a prescription from my eye doctor back to them. I ordered clear lenses.

The new glasses cost under $150 I think, and I received them in the mail in under 2 weeks. If you have a high prescription, this would not work for you. I know you asked about something to wear over your glasses, but thought I'd post this in case it helped you.

Comment

Right now I am looking for ANY relief, so thanks so much for posting this. I actually thought about doing this.

If I would do this, are these the best glasses to use? Or do you think there is something better to retain more fog/humidity?

Thanks!

Comment

And also, I have long eye lashes and the distance between the eyes and the lenses seem to be small according to the picture. Do you think that would be a problem?

Comment

I have severe dry eye, and they work for me. I used to have prescription Panoptx that I wore for studying/work all day long, but they were much heavier than these I wear now (and the new ones are a lot cheaper).

The models they sent me to try on, they all fit my face quite differently. some fit further away from the face, and some hugged closer. I was worried that the foam gasket, since it does have tiny spaces between segments, would not be enough to keep moisture in. I found, for me anyway, they do keep moisture in just fine. When I get warm, they fog up. They are lightweight. Not the most attractive looking contraptions, but make the difference between being able to work, and study, and not doing that.

I can only relay how they worked out for me. I hesitate many times to share things like this, because I'm so worried someone else will try, and it will not work for them.
          You could try calling them and ask what happens if you find none of the models they send you to try on fit, and you don't want to go any further. They were quite helpful with me, but that was a year ago, so I don't know if the same people still work there.

Comment

Working...
          X