This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eyewear issue (small head)

I just got back from trying on the smallest Wiley X they make and it was too big. Any suggestions for other brands that might accomodate small heads? Kid sizes? I really need complete wind / air blocking so the foam / fit is important, as are glasses that can take a prescription.

Thank you for any suggestions!

I don't know if these would be too large or if they make a complete seal, but here is a suggestion:

http://www.rudyprojectusa.com/produc...s/guardyan.htm

Comment

The small size of Clic goggles sometimes works well for people who can't find anything else small enough. Kind of stinks aesthetically, but if you can get past that it might be worth a try.

There aren't enough of this type of thing on the market, unfortunately!
      Rebecca Petris
      The Dry Eye Foundation
      dryeyefoundation.org
      800-484-0244

Comment

Thanks everyone. The Rudy Project glasses were even larger than the Wiley X. Of course, I called ahead before I drove out to no where and the guy assured me they had something smaller than the Wileys. Argh!
        I'll have to check the Clics; found a store in the state. I wish that one store would carry more than one product and maybe, just maybe, not be located all over the place. So frustrating!
        I did ask the guy at the last store if something could be custom-made (how hard could it be to add foam to something?!) so he's checking his suppliers. Will update with new information as I get it.

Comment

The Wiley X fit depends a lot on the style. I have 2 pairs of "Blinks" with sunglass lenses. One pair prescription, one pair non-prescription. They look a little odd (cat eyed) which is why I have them as sunglasses. For indoor I have clear lens in "Brick". They look more normal, except for the shield, but they don't fit as well. I hope this helps.

Comment

I would guess you'd already tried the 7eyes ones. The old Panoptx which Rebecca still has some of in the Shop fit smaller head sizes, or maybe it's just that I have a big sized head and the scirocco ones that I bought seemed small because of that. I can tell you not to try Zienna 7eyes. They have a large frame, even somewhat large on me. But Rebecca had already noted that when she talked about it.

Comment

Working...
            X