This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for dry eye goggles w/clear or light tint lenses

I wear sunglass goggles for my dry eyes. I am looking for something similar, only not dark lenses, maybe a light tint or clear, so I can wear inside. Does anyone have a good recommendation? Thanks

I have 3 pair of Wiley X eye moisture chamber goggles. I wear them ALL the time, except when I am in the shower or a sleep. They make a HUGE difference. I have two pairs of sunglasses one prescription one non-prescription. Also one pair that is clear. The clear pair is “brick“ style. I feel that these look the most "normal" of the goggles that fit my small face. I got mine at my ophthalmologist and my optometrist. My eyes would swell shut if I did not have these.

Comment

I just ordered a pair of prescription swim goggles to wear in the house or other times when no one will see me (definitely not glamourous but around the house, I'd rather be comfortable). I ordered them at an opthamologist's office. The doctor suggested it and said that some of his patients find there is enough moisture that they end up fogging so they have to have a super tiny hole drilled in the sides to allow some airflow (he said this did not cause dryness, just fixed the fog problem).

Comment

I got mine at Harley Davidson. They arent cheap 100$(maybe US is different),but this way you can try it on. I tried like 20 pairs before found the ones that work best. They come with a string, this way you can make it tight. Try local first before getting it online.

Comment

If you need something with light tint or clear and you are a woman, then 7Eye Briza with photochromic (aka transitions) lenses are good.

If you are a woman, Zienna Oasis also has a clear tint lens (but it looks slightly pink).

Plus you can purchase any WileyX frame with clear lenses (no tint at all).

These are all a bit pricier than buying a plain ol' onion goggle or swim goggle.

Comment

I have a question about using goggles. I understand they keep dirt and stuff out, protect the eyes from winds, but do they keep moisture in? My downfall is my computer. Seems once my eyes dry, that's it.

I think I saw about over glasses goggles. Has anyone found any that are reasonable? My rx is too much to get them put into goggles. Thanks

Comment

Yes, the goggles keep moisture in also. I have a pair in Rx, when I get new glasses in Oct they will also be goggles. I don't know about goggles over glasses, I don't see how they can seal around your face well enough to keep any moisture in.

Comment

Thanks Trac. My RX is too expensive to put into something like this. I'm finding some glasses with foam that fit over glasses so I think I will go that route. I could wear them outside if I needed to.

Now I have to decide about tinted lenses or not. Light has always bothered my eyes, not just now so that could be the way to go.

I'm looking at one right now that has polarized lenses. Core.

Thanks for the info.

Comment

If you have light sensitivity polarized lens are the way to go. I have 2 polarized pairs, one with an Rx and one without. Plus I have a clear pair without Rx. I wear my goggles all of the time. It bothers my eyes if I have to take off my goggles and put on reading glasses to grade papers. That is great if you can find a pair with foam that will fit over your glasses.

Good luck

Comment

Hi Trac, I have light sensitivity because of my CFS. I keep my blinds closed most of the time and wear my clip on sunglasses inside when I have to.

I found a few pairs of the "over the glasses" kind and just got these because they were smaller.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0055LJBV8

It was a tossup between those and these: http://www.amazon.com/CORE-Adventure...=1BKT128P7GUR8

Comment

Wow, these look great, and they are way cheaper than the goggles that do not fit over glasses. Let me know how they work for you. Some times my eyes are so light sensitive that the signal lights at night burn my eyse, other times I am okay even during the day. It changes moment to moment.

Comment

I'll let you know for sure. And I think both of them have options with tinted lenses that are polarized for not much more.

They actually have those for $9 but I wanted the things that hook behind the ear to hold them on and also these are matte black so only sort of ugly!!!

It's crazy isn't it?

Comment

Inexpensive, comfortable and effective ...

I am a motorcyclist and I bought a pair of MaxxHD riding glasses last summer so I can ride my bike a bit. Specifically, I bought the Foam model.

I love these glasses. They look like normal sunglasses. They're comfortable, they fit well, have nice soft foam with a few slots so they don't fog up and shatterproof glass.

Mine lasted me a whole year before they snapped in the middle. I was so upset when I broke them because they were the best I ever tried (and I've tried a lot) and I didn't know if I'd be able to get another pair.

They also have the Chaos goggles which are a goggle version of the Foam model, the Rider Goggles (a bit too WWII for me) and the Evo which is the Foam model but is interchangeable between a "traditional arm design and a more secure goggle".

All models are under $20 and come in Clear, High Definition (reddish), Smoke and Yellow lenses (not interchangeable unfortunately). I have a pair of Foams in every color and I'm considering buying backups just in case they ever decide to stop making them I don't know what I'd do without them ...

Comment

Thanks, those are very cool and I like the colors but I wear glasses so I need a pair that fit over my glasses. I found a pair on Amazon. I'll look like superfly but oh well! I posted the information in a different thread.

Comment

Working...
                            X