X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunglasses for Photophobia

Hello dear friends,
    Could someone please help me. I can't go outside on a sunny day and keep my eyes open most of the time. Does anyone have advice for a good pair of sunglasses for Photophobia-or extreme sensitivity to sun due to severe dry eye.
    Thank you for reading this, I am coping but just barely.
    Linda M.

Hi Linda! You might want to take a look at Rebecca's Dry Eye Shop. She stocks many types of glasses, goggles,moisture goggles, nightwear, daywear etc. They may have something right for you. There are also very complete descriptions on each item.

Good Luck and I hope you find something that helps you.
    Neve

Comment

I use 7 Eye Zienna sunglasses in the darkest grey they make. The moisture chamber helps block a little of the light from the sides. I always use a wide brimmed hat as well. With use of my sunglasses alone, I cannot be outside, I feel like ice picks are going through my eyes from the brightness. And w/o the moisture chamber glasses I cannot exist at all. I need them both inside and out. Rebecca has these sunglasses in her Dry Eye Shop. There are other manufacturers of suitable sunglasses there too. Good luck!
      Maria

Comment

Greatful

Thank you for your replys. I am going to look into the sunglasses that were recommended. I wish you all well as we struggle day to day with this terrible ordeal.

Comment

I've got the same problem - I can't go outside at all on sunny days. I've heard that Wiley X sunglasses are good. Check the Climate Control page. I have an appointment with an optometrist to talk about them and possibly get them. Also, I bought some BluBlockers, and I've been cautiously experimenting with them. They are amber/yellow colored and I'm told they block out the blue light, which is supposedly the light that is killing us. My eye definitely hurts less when I wear them.

Linda, please keep us posted and let us know what you get, and what works for you. There has GOT to be an answer to this problem!

Comment

I wear biker sunglasses which have padding round the sides to keep out dust and draughts, a cheaper more readily available option.

I have wrap around viper blu blockers and they are restful on the eyes, though not dark enough for me to wear outdoors.

Sometimes I need total darkness and I get the best pain relief by putting in some of my celluvisc drops and using onyx goggles.

I hope you find something that helps.

R.

Comment

Working...
            X