X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contact for Custom Moisture Chamber glasses NY

Hi there,

I understand there is a great deal of interest in custom moisture chamber glasses.

Scott Kornfeld is a contact that I came across in an old post on DEZ. He has been making custom moisture chamber glasses in HY for quite some time. I contacted him and he offered to send along a booklet, describing how to make custom moisture chamber glasses, that I could share with my local optician. So, if you want these glasses, I suggest you contact, Scott Kornfeld at Woodbury Optical in New York. Another route would be to contact Eagle Vision and ask them for a list of opticians who purchase the plastic used in making moisture chamber glasses.

Looks like a project!

The glasses look like regular glasses. I am pleased with mine!

bella_girl

Awesome idea, thanks!

Comment

Do these custom glasses have foam to seal off the environment?

Comment

No. There is no foam to these glasses. The border of the glasses has a fine plastic trim on the side that goes against your face. The clear plastic minimizes the air exchange between your eye and the environment. I have included a link that show a picture of the plastic shield on a pair of glasses. Please note, in the picture, the plastic has not been trimmed to fit a face. In reality, the amount of plastic is much less than shown.

http://www.dryeyepain.com/AmericanMo...berGlasses.jpg

http://www.eaglevis.com/pdf/moisteye.pdf

Eagle Vision (901.380.7000) sells these plastic inserts which an optician can insert around your glasses and trim around your face.

I am also including contact information for Scott Kornfeld (1-516-681-3937), an optician who donates the the proceeds from the sale of the plastic used for side shields to the Sjogren's Syndrome Foundation.
        Scott Kornfeld
        Woodbury Optical Studio
        185 Woodbury Road
        Hicksville, New York 11801
        Phone: 516-681-3937 ext. 111
        E-mail: sjkornfeld@aol.com

Hope this is helpful to you.
        Last edited by Hopeful2; 01-Sep-2011, 08:49.

Comment

I am going to be in New York in a few weeks for a short vacation with my wife. I decided to go see Dr Latkany while I am there and also have booked an appointment with Scott Kornfeld to get some moisture chambers done for using while I am at the PC at work.

Does anyone have any tips for the types of frames to get in order for the pastic to be the least noticeable while still being reasonably fashionable?

Cheers

Comment

Hi ScottishDave,

You can get just about any frame. Scott will be able to recommend something for you. The optician I used suggested a frame on the 'slightly' deeper and wider side. A small frame would give you only a little protection. Also, a wider temple can hide the plastic. The plastic rally does not show very much. I was wearing my new glasses and my daughter was home for twenty minutes before she noticed that I had the moisture seal on the glasses.

Enjoy!

Comment

Working...
            X