Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best prescription lens for light sensitivity?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best prescription lens for light sensitivity?

I recently got new prescription glasses. I got Physio Enhanced lenses, previously had Varilux Ellipse. The Physio Enhanced lens is a newer technology that allows more light to pass through the lens to give you better vision at night and in low light conditions (apparently even more than without glasses on!). Due to my severe dry eye I am somewhat light sensitive and am afraid this will be bad for my eyes. It is definitely brighter if I am outside without sunglasses on than with my old glasses. I can deal with that by using sunglasses, but don't know if it will cause problems inside, especially under office lights and especially if my eyes are not good which is their current state. I'm wondering what type of lenses others have used.

I have never heard of the 'physico enhanced' lens. I am curious about it as I do see poorly in dimmer lighting. My workplace has poor quality fluorescent lighting which I find not to be bright enough. I would worry that it might be too bright outside. I suppose one could always put one of those clip on lens shades for when going outside. I also need progressives and have used the Nikon lens in the past. I am going to try the 'Hyoulax' (spelling is off) lens with my next prescription.

Thanks for posting this thread.

Comment

Working...
    X