This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moisture Release Glasses

I was looking around and found these. Thought some might be interested.

In a post in August last year they said they were not available for RX yet hoped to by the end of the summer of 2011 so they could be available now.

http://www.eyeeco.com/category/icate...e_eyewear.html

Does anyone know something more about eyeeco moisture release eyewear?

I would like to know about its size, if it fits in small faces, and how it looks like when wearing it.

Comment

There design isn't very good, looks feminine. I prefer the Wiley-X brand.

Comment

Originally posted by DCRdryeye View Post
        There design isn't very good, looks feminine. I prefer the Wiley-X brand.
        But i think it looks less like a goggle than Willey-X (and the moisture release makes a difference).
        Last edited by bakunin; 11-Jul-2012, 05:49.

Comment

Yes I agree bakunin, they look less bulky. I guess since they are only a new addition they are limited with the design range. It seems the moisture release is a piece of foam that is placed into water and then into a cartridge on the side of the glasses. It's something new

Comment

I was in an airport and was desperate as the air conditioners were driving me crazy. I took the foam piece out of my Wiley's and wet it and soaked off the excess on a paper towel and whew it made a huge difference. If they fogged up which they have twice in all the times I have done it I just pull them out a hair off of my face and the fog cleared up. I guess I made my own moisture release glasses and it worked like a darn.....F/G

Comment

Originally posted by bakunin View Post
              Does anyone know something more about eyeeco moisture release eyewear?

I would like to know about its size, if it fits in small faces, and how it looks like when wearing it.
              They are rather large. Definitely not the best frame for small faces. The flexible nose bridge makes it so you can bend it inwards for a much closer fit, and this seems to make up the difference for some but not all users.

I think they look absolutely fine as sunglasses. Indoors (one of its most important uses... I've had some good feedback from computer users in dry office environments) like any moisture chamber with clear lenses it's not going to be a real aesthetics winner but I agree with the comment that it is not as goggly looking as Wiley-X.

I didn't have these in the dry eye shop for awhile because I was waiting on the new upgraded eyecup. I've added them back in now (here). I'm sorry I don't have pictures of the eyecup posted yet.
              Rebecca Petris
              The Dry Eye Foundation
              dryeyefoundation.org
              800-484-0244

Comment

I found a shop that sells it in Brazil. They say they can put prescripition lenses til -3.5.

Comment

Originally posted by bakunin View Post
                  I found a shop that sells it in Brazil. They say they can put prescripition lenses til -3.5.
                  Bakunin, where you found these glasses to sell in Brazil?

Comment

Originally posted by André Pereira View Post
                    Bakunin, where you found these glasses to sell in Brazil?
                    Hi André,

It is a shop in São Paulo, Higienópolis.

https://pt-br.facebook.com/otica.david

http://www.oticadavid.com.br/

Comment

Thanks dude. Maybe with one of those I can watch a movie in the theater!

Esse inglês de Google tradutor, ta foda, ahaahhaha

Valeu cara!

Comment

Originally posted by André Pereira View Post
                        Thanks dude. Maybe with one of those I can watch a movie in the theater!

Esse inglês de Google tradutor, ta foda, ahaahhaha

Valeu cara!
                        Cinema é foda. Além do ar condicionado ainda tem a luz da tela e não poder piscar muito pra não perder a legenda. Eu pingo água com conta-gotas dentro do meu Wiley-X às vezes. Ultimamente não tenho sentido necessidade, mas no inverno fazia isso direto... preferia ficar com eles embaçados do que com meus olhos piores.

abs

Comment

They didn't work for me.

Comment

Working...
                          X