X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help--lots! of glare from lights *despite* new anti-glare glasses

Help please

I have bad Sjogren's, Lupus, RA, etc., things that effect the eyes.

I just got new glasses. They have anti-glare front and back, UV protection, they're Ëagle Vision 4.0"so they're supposed to be some type of new lens type that digitally are supposed to maximize your individual fields of vision. They're progressive +1 bifocals and the rx for my eyes has improved a good deal. In the daylight everything is clear--such a relief! And I can see at all lengths equally well. The exception in the daytime is little lights, like on the front of a cable box or t.v. or monitor--they show up as a starburst that's maybe 6xs larger than the actual light. My *real* worry is at night. The lights while driving are *insane*. The lights have never been bigger, smearier or more occlusively starburst.

Is this something that can be fixed by somehow changing the glasses or is this a permanent disability with my eyes? (Supposedly my eyes are healthy, their retinas are healthy, the eyes are just dry.) I need to be able to drive. Please advise, if you can.

Thanks so much,
    achyeyes

I can't speak to your personal problem but what I can tell you from my own experience is that if my eyes are too wet from putting drops in before I drive at night (the effect lasts about 20 min post drop) the lights are as you describe. To that end I try not to put the drops in within 20 min of driving or if I have to I do it one eye at a time so that I can at least see something. The same goes for plugs if the eye is too moist as in overtearing. It may also relate to the quality of your tears. Not sure that helps but I hope that it is not something permanent with your eyes as you have feared....cheers...F/G

Comment

Get a pair of yellow/orange sunglasses that fit over your glasses. Just google night driving glasses.

eg http://www.clip-on-sunglasses.co.uk/...g_fitover.html

or you can get clip on ones.

Or wearing contacts should help reduce this glare as well.

Comment

What was your night vision like with your old glasses?

And, with your new glasses, how do your eyes test out in the doctor's office? Do they eliminate all refractive error?
        Rebecca Petris
        The Dry Eye Foundation
        dryeyefoundation.org
        800-484-0244

Comment

Working...
        X