Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recommendations for prescription goggles?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommendations for prescription goggles?

I can barely get any work done at the computer because it hurts my eyes too much. I'm hoping to find prescription goggles that could help. Please share your thoughts and experiences on goggles.

I tried gator goggles. I returned them because they fogged up to quickly. Is that normal? One cup fogged after 8 minutes, the other after 14, even if I wore them backwards.

I'm looking at Barz and Hilco now. Any opinions?

By the way, not sure what is causing my dry eyes. Testing for Sjorgren's now. But my eye pain hurts way more when I use computers.

Evan,

I am planning on getting these soon because for me, it is near impossible to use a computer as well. Did you check out the chart that is on this website? It is pretty helpful to compare all the different ones out there. The Micro Environment goggles looked to be the best based 100% on the written description and some random internet reviews here and there.

If you do get some, please give your opinion on the ones you get.

Comment

I have WileyX goggles but find that the prescription for reading is difficult to use for long because of the curve of the glass being so severe to accomplish the wrap around that you need to get a goggle glass to seal. They are great for driving and everyday wear, but no so great for close up work...F/G

Comment

Originally posted by BigNate View Post
        Evan,

I am planning on getting these soon because for me, it is near impossible to use a computer as well. Did you check out the chart that is on this website? It is pretty helpful to compare all the different ones out there. The Micro Environment goggles looked to be the best based 100% on the written description and some random internet reviews here and there.

If you do get some, please give your opinion on the ones you get.
        Do you mean this PDF called Moisture Retaining Eyewear? I just came across it now.

http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/showt...shopping-guide

Micro Environment Goggles look good: http://www.seefit.net/

I like that you don't have to buy the whole thing if you break one part. Seems like you get the prescription lenses at your optometrist, and if you need new shields, you can order them without ordering the frames and lenses again. But I wonder if it might not fit to the face as well as other eyewear. It looks like the shields aren't flexible, although I'm not sure. Maybe it doesn't matter.

I'll deff follow up after I order and receive any eyewear.

Originally posted by farmgirl View Post
        I have WileyX goggles but find that the prescription for reading is difficult to use for long because of the curve of the glass being so severe to accomplish the wrap around that you need to get a goggle glass to seal. They are great for driving and everyday wear, but no so great for close up work...F/G
        At the WileyX website, it says you need a military ID to order prescription from them. How does one get around that?

That's too bad the curved lenses are not suitable for computer use. I'll have to look at their selection to see if they have any that aren't so curved, assuming I don't have to join the US army to order them

Comment

have you tried gunnars?
          http://www.gunnars.com/

Comment

Working...
          X