X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prescription goggles fog up

Hello.

With a high myopia (-6.5) I can only have prescription swimming goggles. After a short while they fog up. Has it happened to anyone else and is there anything that can be done?

Thank you.

Have you tried putting antifog spray in them available probably at ski or motorcycle shops

Comment

One of my doctors sells quite a few pairs of swim goggles to patients, for dry eye. When I asked him about them, he said that his patients have had the most luck with them if they drill TINY holes (2-3 each side) in the bottoms of the goggles. This allows just enough air circulation to prevent fog but not so much that you end up with drying air flow. Obviously, if you're swimming with them, this isn't an option

Comment

With a high myopia (-6.5) I can only have prescription swimming goggles.
        Where are you using the goggles mostly?
        Rebecca Petris
        The Dry Eye Foundation
        dryeyefoundation.org
        800-484-0244

Comment

I tried gator prescription swimming goggles. I was hoping to use them while working at the computer. I returned them because they fogged up after 9 or 10 minutes. They supposedly come with anti fog coating already. I also wonder what degree of fogging is normal.

I've read about several ways to keep goggles from fogging up, like special anti fog spray, baby shampoo, toothpaste (not the white kind I think), and even spit. I'm not sure how well these work, as I couldn't try any of them if I was going to be allowed to return the goggles I bought.

Comment

Originally posted by Evan1 View Post
            even spit.
            Yep, that works for me. Learned it in swimming lessons, still do it.

Comment

Thank you for replies. I need them outside more. However,being quite bad, I'd wear them all the time. Used antifog, wonder about spit, lol.
              I think the idea of drilling a couple of holes is a very ingenious one. I'll try it,thank you.

Comment

Working...
              X