Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantastic moisture chamber sunglasses for small faces

Hey guys,

It's been a while since I last posted, but what I found today was so awesome, I just had to share in the hopes that it helps someone else.

Wiley X AirRage sunglasses has been my go-to sunglasses. But maybe a couple of years ago, Wiley changed the foam gasket, so if anyone buys a new pair now, you'll get a pair that doesn't fit narrow faces quite as well anymore (the new-style gaskets leave a gap for wind to get in at the temples).

So, if that is a problem for you, try these:

Harley Davidson Tori sunglasses. http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...asses---bronze

They cost 50 USD per pair, and I just bought a few pairs at Disney World, of all places (Harley Davidson shop in Disney Springs).

The really cool thing is that their foam gasket has a nice low profile, so the sunglasses still look fashionable. I'm thrilled! You can't remove the foam gasket, but the glasses have a 1-year warranty according to the sales person at the shop where I bought them. So even worst case scenario if they only last a year, 50 bucks for a year's worth of fashionable moisture chamber wearing is not half bad.

I liked them so much I bought several pairs.

The 7 eye Churada also fit perfect for small faces. http://www.7eye.com/Churada/.
    I tried them on at a Harley Davidson store today. They have a larger gasket than the Harley Davidson Tori glasses, so they are bit less stylish, but pretty nice regardless. Kind a sleek looking.

Comment

Nice! does the gasket form a full seal without gaps for you?

Comment

Originally posted by SAAG View Post
        Hey guys,

Wiley X AirRage sunglasses has been my go-to sunglasses. But maybe a couple of years ago, Wiley changed the foam gasket, so if anyone buys a new pair now, you'll get a pair that doesn't fit narrow faces quite as well anymore (the new-style gaskets leave a gap for wind to get in at the temples).
        Thank you very much SAAG.

I wear the airrage too. And the new thin gasket is a real problem. But you can find the thicker airrage gasket on the Wiley-X website: http://www.wileyx.com/ProductDetail/...hicker-version

I purchased some this week. Let's see if they are fine as before.

Comment

The 7 eye Churada gave a full seal with no leaks when I tried them on ... I have them on order so I'll be testing them out soon.

Comment

The problem with those types of glasses is that unlike WileyX or 7 eye you cannot get them fit with prescription lenses....sigh....F/G

Comment

Originally posted by skeeterlondon View Post
              Nice! does the gasket form a full seal without gaps for you?
              Not 100%, but better than the new Wiley's gaskets. AND, these Harley Davidson ones look almost like normal sunglasses so I feel like I look NORMAL when wearing them - It's been YEARS since I had a pair of sunglasses that looked perfectly fashionable AND protected my eyes hehe

Last edited by SAAG; 10-Jan-2022, 21:11.

Comment

Hi Saag
                I hope you are still on the forum today. Are you still in South East Asia?
                Neil

Comment

(I'm not around the forums often anymore, so if anyone reading this has followup questions, I may not see if for weeks - so sorry! Anyhow, I've posted a lot on here, so if you do a search for my username you'll find what I know.)
                  Last edited by SAAG; 10-Jan-2022, 21:11.

Comment

Working...
                  X