Wiley X Prescription Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiley X Prescription Problem

Hi, I finally got around to getting a pair of Wiley X Boss precription glasses. They are extremely comfortable but I get quite a bit of eyestrain after only a few minutes. I had Lasik 5 years ago and ever since then I've been extremly sensitive to even minor prescription changes. The Wiley X Boss has a very curved lens and I did some research and found that prescription lenses with a high curvature can alter the precription somewhat and cause problems such as a fish bowl effect. I chose the WX digital surfacing option which was supposed to help with this, but the tech at framesdirect I talked to said that it can actually make the problem worse. I am just reaching out to anyone who has Wiley X precription glasses and wether you encountered these problems and what you did about it.

If anyone has any tips or advice, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

i had the same problems with Wileys from FramesDirect. I unfortunately never got them fixed and I don't use them.

Comment

Thanks, yeah I just talked to my eye doctor today and he said it's a common problem with wraparound lenses.

Comment

I have the Airrage and dont have this problem at all.

Comment

i wouldnt be suprised if framesdirect doesnt have the expertise to put these lenses in correctly. It probably makes sense to buy them directly from Wiley even if it is more expensive. I can't imagine they would sell these frames with these types of lenses if they couldnt make them work.

Comment

I wasnt aware that Wiley X sells them directly but I will check it out, perhaps the Airrage has a flatter lens then the boss version. It's an acknowleged problem by Wiley X regarding lenes with a higher curvature because they sell something called digiforce wx digital surfacing which is supposed address the fishbowl effect.

Comment

yea but they put specific limits for each frame on the power of the lenses that they can sell. I would assume that they have tested these limits and ensure that they can make them properly at the power that they sell.

Comment

Grant thanks for help, I called Wiley X and they told me that it is very important to find out your Optical Center Heigh when getting prescription Wiley X's, this is something I've never heard of but I'm looking to get it measured. I'll keep you posted.

Comment

interesting

Comment

Grant, it took forever but I finally recived back the wiley x's without the digiforce surfacing and I am happy to say I have none the problems I was experiencing.

Comment

Working...
                    X