Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moisture retaining eyewear for Asian faces?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moisture retaining eyewear for Asian faces?

Anybody have leads on the best brand/framestyle for this? Seems like we had a thread about this but can't seem to find it.

I had a customer once who came in and tried everything I had, nothing fit, and what eventually did help her was a simple pair of fitovers from a local optician I sent her to. The fitovers have very little curvature and while they didn't have any foam seal they were close-fitting enough that they helped her. (She was not wearing them over glasses.)

I have known plenty of Asians who have worn WileyX or 7Eye styles with the full shields but usually not a great fit and more often it's completely unacceptable (big huge gap on top). I remember one gal who had some kind of Oakleys that worked best for her but I don't know what model.

Would really appreciate any leads - maybe we can keep this around as a thread to refer back to for any really good products that have worked for some of you.

Edit: Meant to add that Clic Goggles are pretty much failsafe because they don't need a nose bridge - however, from a cosmetic standpoint they are a 'desperation' measure
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Hi Rebecca,

I've been scoping out the market and the following two frames might suit some Asian faces.

Recently I tried the Wiley X Rout and I found that it fit my Asian face okay, but in order to stop it dropping off my bridge and leaving a big gap around my eyebrows, I need to tie it back with a strap (which comes with the frames). Once the strap is in place, there's maybe a 1-2mm gap at my forehead. This might normally be alright but there also seems to be a noticeable (designed) gap in the foam, right in the spot where the frames meet the arms - not sure why this is the case and am wondering about air leakage. Hard to tell how effective it is without being able to try it on for a few hours, before buying.

I spoke recently with a store called GoggleMan (Australia) who stocks the 7eye and they advised they'd had most success with the 7eye Churada for Asians, and the removable foam attachment comes in two different shapes. I tried both foam shapes in the Churada and they didn't fit me right personally. However, it might be the best 7eye out there for Asians, according to this store.

Comment

Working...
    X