Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Moisture Chambers - Kind of Desperate

http://www.crystaleyecarenj.com/inde...play&pageID=97

So I just did a general google search for custom moisture chambers and didn't turn up much except this optical center in Pennsylvania. Is this the only place around that will put moisture shields onto eyeglasses for office/computer use? I'm in Atlanta, GA and not aware of any place that does this but am willing to travel out-of-state...heck, maybe even out of the country. I need something suitable for computer use that doesn't scare people when they walk in. : )

If anyone has any pointers on moisture chambers for high prescription lenses, which require a high index lens and a plastic frame, please let me know. I am extremely nearsighted (-8.0).

Thanks, everyone.

I had moisture chambers made in Hicksville, NY--it's on Long Island. Excellent job, but the optician said he can only work with metal frames. Do you need the plastic for comfort or is it because of the high Rx? If it's the latter you can contact the optician who made mine and ask him about the new digital lenses, they may allow a high Rx in metal frames. Scott Kornfeld, Woodbury Optical, (516) 681-3937. Good luck!

Comment

Thank you, Nightbird! I'm so glad you are happy with their work. I really hope that more opticians try to get into the moisture chamber business, since about every 5th person I meet these days seems to have some form of dry eye.

I've always been told that with my high prescription that I required a plastic lens so that the lens would not show through the frame, but I'll do some research on the digital lenses.

Comment

Working...
      X