Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New moisture chamber goggles (Dixons) - problem

Hi,

I ordered Rx Moisture Chamber goggles, which, when arrived, were absolutely impossible to look through. My optician found a discrepancy with prescription, but when I send them back, they told me that they checked the goggles, and they were done correctly. Are these goggles appropriate for Rx with astigmatism? I have -0.5 and -1 cylinders and x5 and x50 axes. Can it be the reason for their unsuitability? My optician doesn't know as she never dealt with Rx goggles. The supplier replied: "We believe the reason for the optical distortion is due to the 20% angle that the lenses are being viewed through" but absolved all responsibility.

Would be helpful to know the reason, even if I don't get anywhere with these guys, so that I would know what is required for Rx for sports goggles and can ask appropriate questions in order to find out if opticians are familiar with such job and will know exactly what to do.

Also, if somebody could check the website (where I found the UK branch) and tell me if they know it's legitimate or made an order from it? It directs you both to the US and UK branches.

http://dixoneyewear.com/

The goggles I ordered are on these page:

http://www.uksportseyewear.co.uk/pro...ber-spectacles

They are insert glazed - have a clipped in prescription insert. Maybe, that is the problem and should rather be direct glazed?

If anyone can give me any help, please reply.

Thanks in advance.

R.

I apologise because I really don't understand any of this stuff... but I asked my brother who is an optician in Canada. This is what he wrote:

When glasses/goggles like your Wiley's have curvature, the Rx changes faster as the eye moves from the optical centre, usually experienced as tunnel vision. Everyone reacts to this differently and some ppl never get used to it. If the lenses are ground with digital wrap technology, it improves the optics in the periphery. We use that Shamir technology, as does Oakley and Maui Jim.
    I don't know if that's helpful or not... he didn't write anything about astigmatism. I know that I have astigmatism also, but I get my lenses without correction because the correction kinda makes me dizzy. So basically I just choose imperfect vision... but still I wear Wiley's with prescription lenses for reading.

Comment

Working...
    X