This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asian Fit Moisture Chamber glasses

I am looking to purchase a pair of Moisture Chamber glasses that fits asian, couldn't find any in Singapore, where I am putting up. If I order on-line and without trying on any yet, believe may not be able to fit into any. From the different suppliers like 7eye, Wiley, panoptx, any idea which model suits asian better? Since lasik, I have very dry eyes and have phobia going onboard plane. However, I really do not want this dry eyes problems to deter me from traveling and enjoying a vacation with my family, thus am considering to purchase a pair. Seems like most people in this forum talks about the tinted ones, any idea how the clear glasses look?

Hello tealeaf - I can only speak regarding the 7eye/Panoptx frames: although they are among the LARGEST frames they make, their TAKU PLUS, DERBY, and PANHEAD frames all seem to have wider than average bridges and should fit you. But again, these styles are generally for wider faces/larger heads. The PANHEAD and DERBY have adjustable/bendable temple arms that allow adjustments to how the glasses fit on you.

I will stress however that finding a retailer you can travel to so that you can personally try each of them on is essential. I think I tried nearly all of the 7eye ones, in addition to quite a few of the Wiley-X ones. Some Wiley ones you might consider would be the JAKE and ECHO. For me, the material in the latest 7eye foam gaskets/eyecups seals better, is more comfortable, thicker, and more more durable than the current Wiley-X foam.

As for how they look, you can google the frame style names and click on images - some of the most detailed are found on Japanese sites i.e. "global rakuten". Obviously they all look better with darker lenses in them (as opposed to clear), but in the end, eye comfort trumps vanity! (that being said, I am considering putting a light blue or green mirror coating on the outside lens of a pair of clear prescription glasses I am ordering). Anyway, I hope that helps.

Comment

I had an email recently from someone with a similar issue and the only 7Eye frame that fit him was Panhead.

The Tranquileyes Moisture Release glasses could be helpful. They are much straighter across the top (very similar to fitovers) AND have a bendable nose bridge so you can adjust them to your shape.

I agree with MGD666 about how the current foams stack up (7Eye vs WileyX).
      Rebecca Petris
      The Dry Eye Foundation
      dryeyefoundation.org
      800-484-0244

Comment

p.s.
        Originally posted by MGD666 View Post
        (that being said, I am considering putting a light blue or green mirror coating on the outside lens of a pair of clear prescription glasses I am ordering). Anyway, I hope that helps.
        What a great idea!!!

Clear lenses always seem to scream "GOGGLESSSSS!". Hard to get around that.
        Rebecca Petris
        The Dry Eye Foundation
        dryeyefoundation.org
        800-484-0244

Comment

Hi MGD666/Rebecca,
          Are TAKU PLUS, DERBY, and PANHEAD frames meant for men? I am an average size lady, so wonder if the glasses are too big for me.

Sad to say that I am unable to find any retailer where I can travel to

Comment

Originally posted by tealeaf View Post
            Hi MGD666/Rebecca,
            Are TAKU PLUS, DERBY, and PANHEAD frames meant for men? I am an average size lady, so wonder if the glasses are too big for me.

Sad to say that I am unable to find any retailer where I can travel to
            Isn't Japan in Asia? I believe Japan has the below JINS (which don't seem to be in the USA):
            http://static.red-dot-21.com/img/product/22395/default_11-04186-2014PD-1.jpg
            CHEERIO! HELIO! Dry Eye Minni

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Minni View Post
              Isn't Japan in Asia? I believe Japan has the below JINS (which don't seem to be in the USA):
              http://static.red-dot-21.com/img/product/22395/default_11-04186-2014PD-1.jpg
              Hi,

If you are interested in the JINS moisture glasses, I succeded (finally) to find a way to purchase them.

Contact http://whiterabbitjapan.com/ for a quote and they will send you the glasses, but you will need to pay a fee for their services ( around 15 $. A pair with normal lenses costs around 65$ ( + shipping costs + custom charges) and with PC lenses or prescription around 125 $ ( + shipping costs + custom charges).

But it is difficult to find reviews about the glasses. I do not know if they are working. Has anybody used them? Any opinions?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Ral View Post
                Hi,

If you are interested in the JINS moisture glasses, I succeded (finally) to find a way to purchase them.

Contact http://whiterabbitjapan.com/ for a quote and they will send you the glasses, but you will need to pay a fee for their services ( around 15 $. A pair with normal lenses costs around 65$ ( + shipping costs + custom charges) and with PC lenses or prescription around 125 $ ( + shipping costs + custom charges).

But it is difficult to find reviews about the glasses. I do not know if they are working. Has anybody used them? Any opinions?

Thanks
                Not me. Rather, another member used JINS & posted about them, but then I saw they're from Japan. All these eyewear solutions are way too much trouble & expense when you take into account the many misses vs. hits. I've already tried various which haven't worked for me, including guard-dogs & tranquileyes. I may decide to get clear-lens Kaimans since at least those are comfy & made well. I know cuz I got the smoke-lens Kaimans. I regret not having chosen the clear-lens Kaimans for computer, way back then. I don't even remember if the ones I have are "small" or "regular". There's no size imprinted on it.
                CHEERIO! HELIO! Dry Eye Minni

sigpic

Comment

Hi,

I'm an Asian. I firstly tried the Airrage model but it did not fit my face. However, I finally found the Echo perfectly fit my face,instead.

Comment

Working...
                  X