Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where can I get specific Moisture chambers made for me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I get specific Moisture chambers made for me?

Hi everyone,

Is there any place where I can go to get moisture chambers specifically made for my eyes? And also anyone know around what would be the cost of it?

Thanks a lot guys.
    -Daniel

Hi Daniel,

They do sell them here in the dry eye shop, or, I went on the 7 eye web site because they were making new ones that I wanted to try. They were so nice, they allowed me to pick out 3 types, they sent them to me to try on and if I liked one of them, I just kept them. I had to do it twice because I just didnt like the fit until the second round I ordered, then I kept one of them and have been happy with them ever since. Mine are the sunglasses. However, the people there are so sweet and will help you anyway they can. Make sure you give the dry eye zone name and they will make sure they get the credit for the sale.

Comment

Hi runnergirl, yeah I had ordered some moisture chambers from this site but they don't really cover the whole eye since the sizes are very generic (large,small, medium). I was wondering if there's any place where I'll be able to get the specifically taylor-made for my eyes.
      I think I heard Rebecca talk about this in the past, but I'm not really sure.

-Daniel

Comment

Daniel, this is the only resource I know of for custom moisture chambers:
        Scott Kornfeld
        Woodbury Optical Studio
        185 Woodbury Road
        Hicksville, New York 11801
        Phone: 516-681-3937 ext. 111
        E-mail: sjkornfeld@aol.com
        It takes about a week during which you need to stay locally unless you can easily travel there and back. He does an excellent job. He charges about $500 for the customization and you will need to purchase wire frames if you don't already have them. If you are still treating the root cause I actually advise holding off on these. I spent the money (without the travel costs) and now never wear them. But good luck whatever you decide.
        Last edited by Nightbird; 25-Feb-2015, 14:12.

Comment

Working...
        X