Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'Moisture Chamber Glasses' users please share your experience...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Moisture Chamber Glasses' users please share your experience...

Hello everyone ,
    To all who are using or have tried moisture chamber glasses my earnest request - please share your personal experience with them regarding important aspects such as the fit (moisture retention capability) , comfort, durability and quality.

What is your favorite brand and model?

Are you satisfied with your purchase?

Do you think they are value for money and serve the purpose intended as expected?

Thank you in advance!

​​​​​

Originally posted by dano6533@gmail.com
    • Fit great
    • Moisture retention=moderate
    • Comfort great
    • Durability and quality great
    • Help to block wind and sunlight
    • overall recommend

@dano6533@gmail.com

Thank you for your review!
    Last edited by Milo007; 21-Dec-2018, 11:39.

Comment

I’ve ordered some zienas also, but a different frame to the above.
      They should arrive tomorrow, I only have a small face so I’m not too hopeful about the fit, but we shall see! Wanted a pair for a long flight.

Comment

Ziena Oasis. Got the ones with lens that change opacity based on light (so no need for two pairs!). Helped a lot during very bad times but not enough. It’s close but not a perfect mold. I still use them in very windy areas, near fans, and while biking or driving. Occasionally, I use them in low humidity places but the fit does not allow for a significant difference in comfort. I do have the ear pieces to make the glasses fit tighter.

I like the flexibility and stealth. Mine are with white cups so not that obvious if you are just passing by. Yet, I was still self-conscious while wearing them and talking to people. So I would quickly swap between goggle and normal mode. The cups are super durable by the way.

Oh and I got like three compliments at least about these glasses! They look pretty cool, kind of retro.

Comment

Originally posted by Shell259 View Post
          I’ve ordered some zienas also, but a different frame to the above.
          They should arrive tomorrow, I only have a small face so I’m not too hopeful about the fit, but we shall see! Wanted a pair for a long flight.
          Best of luck! Hope it fits you well. Try adjusting the nose rests. I read some people have success with adjusting the fit by manipulating the nose rests. Also you may use the ear accessory to hold the spectacle in a tight position. Keep us updated on how you feel about your purchase.

Comment

Originally posted by hopeful_hiker View Post
            Ziena Oasis. Got the ones with lens that change opacity based on light (so no need for two pairs!). Helped a lot during very bad times but not enough. It’s close but not a perfect mold. I still use them in very windy areas, near fans, and while biking or driving. Occasionally, I use them in low humidity places but the fit does not allow for a significant difference in comfort. I do have the ear pieces to make the glasses fit tighter.

I like the flexibility and stealth. Mine are with white cups so not that obvious if you are just passing by. Yet, I was still self-conscious while wearing them and talking to people. So I would quickly swap between goggle and normal mode. The cups are super durable by the way.

Oh and I got like three compliments at least about these glasses! They look pretty cool, kind of retro.
            Very helpful indeed hopeful_hiker !

I was so skeptical about the durability of the silicone eyecups. Your information is exactly what I was looking for! I was afraid if the eyecups wear out too quickly. But I feel more confident now ordering them.

Thanks a lot really!

One little advice regarding the use of the glasses in low humidity conditions - Try placing a few drops of water in the longer portions of the eyecup flanges before you put them on. See if it makes a difference by locally elevating the humidity around your eyes. You can continue to put some water droplets inside the eyecups if the idea works. Need to carry a dropper and water pot though but maybe worth it.

I guess you look beautiful with or without the glasses (so the compliments) but I am pretty certain I will look either a nerd or an owl in those frames. ROFL

Comment

These glasses are great. Most people already said most of the good stuff. So I’ll just tell you, buy black whatever color you may like, buy the black. I bought the Nereus in titan (gray) and the paint is chipping off after a week. So now I have to order a black pair so I don’t look like a bum. The black sea crest, never had an issue. I think they get all the frames glossy back and paint over them like a car. It literally reminds me of car paint.

These glasses do stand out. As stealth as they are, I can see a few people staring at me at times. So just be aware, people will be looking at the frames. Your so far away, I’d hate for you to get chipped paint on your frame.

Comment

• Fit great
                • Moisture retention=moderate
                • Comfort great
                • Durability and quality great
                • Help to block wind and sunlight
                • overall recommend

Dano, what frames and eyecup did you get? I first got the seacrest in black with the Nereus eye cup. Small frame, larger eye cup, worked good. But the seacrest were made for a Asian face, so the arms are shorter. They agitated my ears, so I got the Nereus, that helped a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Dowork123 View Post
                  These glasses are great. Most people already said most of the good stuff. So I’ll just tell you, buy black whatever color you may like, buy the black. I bought the Nereus in titan (gray) and the paint is chipping off after a week. So now I have to order a black pair so I don’t look like a bum. The black sea crest, never had an issue. I think they get all the frames glossy back and paint over them like a car. It literally reminds me of car paint.

These glasses do stand out. As stealth as they are, I can see a few people staring at me at times. So just be aware, people will be looking at the frames. Your so far away, I’d hate for you to get chipped paint on your frame.
                  Thanks Dowork123 for your review!

Interestingly I was thinking of buying the titan (gray) variant but you saved me from an utter disaster. I would have hated to see the paint chipping off and there's no question of a replacement from this far.

By the way I am fine with people looking at me giving strange looks until they don't pester me asking about the eyecups. Lol

Comment

Dano, what frames and eyecup did you get? I first got the seacrest in black with the Nereus eye cup. Small frame, larger eye cup, worked good. But the seacrest were made for a Asian face, so the arms are shorter. They agitated my ears, so I got the Nereus, that helped a lot.
                    Just curious.....why did you order the Seacrest the first time?

​​​​​​Would a nereus eyecup fitted to a Seacrest frame provide a better seal?

Comment

Milo007 : the silicone eye cups last a long time with normal use. i have been using one eye cup for 6+ months
                      Excellent!

Thanks again for your valuable input @dano6533@gmail.com.

Comment

Originally posted by Milo007 View Post

Just curious.....why did you order the Seacrest the first time?

​​​​​​Would a nereus eyecup fitted to a Seacrest frame provide a better seal?
                        It felt like it held the glasses closer to my face. But because of that, my ears got really sore so I had to get the larger frame.

Comment

It felt like it held the glasses closer to my face. But because of that, my ears got really sore so I had to get the larger frame.
                          How's the larger frame doing in terms of creating a decent fit (moisture seal) ?

I remember your facial dimensions are almost the same as mine. So I assume your fit would be equivalent to mine more or less.

Comment

I have a 7Eye briza with the sunset tortoise frame and I love them. They don't look very geeky and are a very comfortable fit. I have been wearing them for going on 3 years and am still on the first gasket (albeit I have reglued it in spots)

My only issue with them was because of my astigmatism my local eye dock could not fit custom lenses BUT I found someone on ling who could. They are not perfect but preform reasonably well.

I recommend that if you are not sure of fit to buy local where you can try them on or, if that is not an option due to location then ask to have the company send you a variety of frames which you pay for with a credit card and then have them refund you for the ones you return. That worked well for me with my first pairs. My first ones were WileyX which fit well but the gaskets were short lived, like maybe 6 months, and the frames deteriorated over time with constant use (like 4 years so it wasn't that bad).

Comment

Originally posted by farmgirl View Post
                              I have a 7Eye briza with the sunset tortoise frame and I love them. They don't look very geeky and are a very comfortable fit. I have been wearing them for going on 3 years and am still on the first gasket (albeit I have reglued it in spots)

My only issue with them was because of my astigmatism my local eye dock could not fit custom lenses BUT I found someone on ling who could. They are not perfect but preform reasonably well.

I recommend that if you are not sure of fit to buy local where you can try them on or, if that is not an option due to location then ask to have the company send you a variety of frames which you pay for with a credit card and then have them refund you for the ones you return. That worked well for me with my first pairs. My first ones were WileyX which fit well but the gaskets were short lived, like maybe 6 months, and the frames deteriorated over time with constant use (like 4 years so it wasn't that bad).
                              Thank you farmgirl for sharing your experience and thoughts!

I have myopia and astigmatism both.

Regarding the idea of ordering multiple frames and returning some for a refund - unfortunately it's not an option since ziena or 7eye doesn't provide a full refund option for overseas orders (I spoke to them). The shipping costs to/from India from/to US are high so it would be far too expensive an ordeal. I would really hate to spend as much money as the frames cost as shipping and import/export duty fees.

Comment

Working...
                              X