Moisture chamber reading glasses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moisture chamber reading glasses

Does anyone have advice on getting moisture chamber reading glasses for DES?

I've been off work for 4 months, and just about live in my PanOptx's now... if I had something similar, but for reading, I think I could get back to work. I've heard about the EagleVision moisture chamber glasses, but I live in Australia and as far as I know, they aren't available here.

Best wishes,
    Sam

Panoptx can be made into RX lens. I have a pair myself. It wouldn't work with a high prescription. I have progressive bifocals with my RX also.
    Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

I have just found out that we can now get Wiley X in New Zealand and they are obtainable in Australia too (or about to be). I found a NZ Wiley X website and phoned the 0800 Wiley X number and talked to a great guy who says they can do RX lenses, reading/bifocal lens etc and with a bit of luck I will meet with their rep tomorrow who will be up our way. I would love to get some goggles with reading lenses. My present goggles have reading lenses as an insert so I am looking through two lots of lens and they do not have a gasket. Wiley X says they do a transition lens with RX that is clear out of the sun/indoors and darkens in the sun. They work in with a special optician. It all sounds great. I am hoping they have something a little more stylish too so I don't look so like an alien. The guy says there is a great market niche in this field as the army etc have a great need in this area. So Sam - look up the Wiley X web site (I googled in Wiley X NZ) and you might find a local supplier. Maybe you have a freephone Wiley X number in Australia.
      Cheers
      Dotanne
      When the going gets tough - the tough get going!

Comment

Long Island, NY, Israel (I think), Miami, FLA, and Columbus, Ohio

I have had customized moisture chambers made at all places noted above except for Israel. . .Most have been Eagle-Vision materials. . .but the Miami pair (from Bascom-Palmer Eye Institute) was made with harder plastic than the soft Eagle-Vision variety. . .

Can you travel to the U.S. for these?

How about getting your doc in Australia to read the article on making these written by Scott Kornfeld, in NY? Do you need a citation to that article. . .I will dig it up, if so. .

The m.c. is not hard to make. . .Just time-consuming. . .

But well worth it. . .
        <Doggedly Determined>

Comment

Working...
        X