No announcement yet.

How do you clean your Panoptx glasses?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you clean your Panoptx glasses?

How do you clean your googles? I mean the foam that sourrounds it. I'm afraid to damage it.
    Dr eyes caused by long term contact lens wear

Click me!

[EDIT] Scroll down to "Daily cleaning — PanOptx goggles"
    Last edited by neil0502; 02-Jan-2007, 16:39.

Comment

Also... for Panoptx foam specifically... see this link .

If you have a removeable gasket style (like Sirocco), you can pop it out, swish it around in some soap water then rinse it in clear water. I had one pair where a bit of the outer lining of the foam loosened up from too much wear but it just took a little glue to get it back down again.
      Rebecca Petris
      The Dry Eye Foundation
      dryeyefoundation.org
      800-484-0244

Comment

What sort of glue do you use? I need to stick down a section of my tranquileyes goggles foam (I did a bad job sticking the replacements on). I don't want to use anything that is bad for my eyes (fumes) or damaging to the goggles.
        Thanks,
        C66

Comment

Hmmm... actually my husband did it - I think probably it was just a tiny dab of krazy glue or something. But I wouldn't use glue on the tranquileyes foam (at least, not to stick the foam on the goggle) unless it's water soluble because it'd make it awfully hard to replace them the next time - especially if it's the unlined foam - and I'm not sure about what kinds of glue might be damaging or not. If you can't get it completely back on without glue happy to send you a spare set, just shoot me an email.
          Rebecca Petris
          The Dry Eye Foundation
          dryeyefoundation.org
          800-484-0244

Comment

Working...
          X