Panoptx and Wiley-X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panoptx and Wiley-X

I know this has been discussed quite a bit, but I was wondering if anyone had tried the "Air Rage" by Wiley-x? I have a small face, and I went a tried on some Vientos just today. The fit seems good, but it did feel like there was a significant loss of peripheral vision. Air Rage seems to be the Wiley-X for small faces, but nobody nearby caries Wiley-X.

I have Vientos goggles. It's good to know of another brand with similar sizing. Good luck in finding some.
    Lucy

http://store.choppersapparel.com/wil...unglasses.html

http://www.wileyx.com/
    Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

goggles

I wear the Vientos myself. They do interfere with peripheral vision, but my Wiley X glasses, which don't, are not much help outdoors. The wind and air get in too easily. I think you would give up on eye protection if you could see better...
      Elaine

Comment

I haven't tried any Wiley x goggle though I do recall feeling the loss of vision with the Viento. I've been wearing the Viento for three or more years now. I can tell you that I easily got accustomed to the visual limitation of wearing a goggle. I don't even think about it anymore.

D
        Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Comment

Originally posted by dianat
          I've been wearing the Viento for three or more years now. I can tell you that I easily got accustomed to the visual limitation of wearing a goggle. I don't even think about it anymore.
          That said ... I've been standing immediately to Diana's right for well over a year now and she's never even noticed me

Comment

Speaking of which...

Speaking of Panoptx goggles, and my now 3 pairs, does anyone know how to actually get them clean?? I have one pair with the double lens for prescription and the foam is not removable. I swish the glasses in the soapy water, but it just doesn't get them clean. I feel tempted to wipe the insides, but I know you shouldn't...
            Any suggestions?
            Elaine

Comment

It's OK to wipe the lenses on the inside (and outside), provided you first rinse off ALL the dust particles. First blot dry with a soft cotton cloth (don't use tissue or any paper product), and then use the special lens cloth to polish off the remaining smudges. You might have to let the whole thing dry before wearing because of the foam liners.

A family joke on me--around my house--is other people find pairs of my underwear in "strange places." Those worn-out cotton briefs are perfect for glasses-cleaning, and I forget and leave them out in view.

C66

Comment

That said ... I've been standing immediately to Diana's right for well over a year now and she's never even noticed me
                So, Neil, are you the one who's been stealing my keys?

About your current illness...I read a long time ago about the antibacterial properties of colloidal silver. Maybe you need a swig.*

*I'm not a doctor and I do not play one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by dianat
                  So, Neil, are you the one who's been stealing my keys?
                  Me? Nah. Couldn't be. I have a painfully narrow working area that doesn't even allow for arm extension. It's a bit awkward, but--I think--worth it.

I'd talk to the youngish strawberry blonde last photographed with bunny ears, a blackened nose, and whiskers.

About your current illness...I read a long time ago about the antibacterial properties of colloidal silver. Maybe you need a swig.*
                  Probably good advice. I'm starting to develop an allergy to conventional medicine.... Thanks

Comment

I'd talk to the youngish strawberry blonde last photographed with bunny ears, a blackened nose, and whiskers.
                    The strawberry-blonde is where I'd choose to spend my time, too.

Still not sure of this silver thing. I've toyed with it a bit and have taken it on occasion when the eyes were at their worst. It may or not be worthy of ingesting, though they do put silver on certain band aids. I suppose every day use could be dangerous. You don't want to end up like this poor lady:

http://www.together.net/~rjstan/rose1.html

Gosh, and you can just forget airports after that kind of accumulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Mastiff
                      I know this has been discussed quite a bit, but I was wondering if anyone had tried the "Air Rage" by Wiley-x? I have a small face, and I went a tried on some Vientos just today. The fit seems good, but it did feel like there was a significant loss of peripheral vision. Air Rage seems to be the Wiley-X for small faces, but nobody nearby caries Wiley-X.
                      Mastiff,

Wish I could help, but I've never had this model. The only Wiley frame I've tried that I felt really strongly about is the JP-3P (which they've discontinued, but some dealers still have it). It's been my favorite for driving ever since I got it. My sister has a much smaller face than me and she absolutely loves the JP-3P. The optical quality is terrific and the peripheral vision is very nice too because of the way it wraps. Like most eyewear the foam is not as good as Panoptx but still better than nothing. Since it's been discontinued, there might be good deals to be had, so if you can find a dealer who will accept a return if it doesn't fit, it might be worth trying.

I just got my new Panoptx frames. I really like the new Solano. It feels like a Churada (Sirocco) only better, but the styling looks more like a Viento. With the tortoise shell frame it's really beautiful.
                      Rebecca Petris
                      The Dry Eye Foundation
                      dryeyefoundation.org
                      800-484-0244

Comment

Rebecca, do you have any Panoptx with your RX in them? I'm just curious.
                        I know you don't need the dreaded bifocals yet and with plain RX, the goggles aren't nearly as expensive. My RX ones with progressives were $500, but any glasses I have cost that much because of progressives. My Panoptx RX's are worth their weight in gold. They are too large for me, heavy on my cheeks, I have an odd RX, little in one eye and lots in the other, but still..........I love them and they save my life at times.

I know you wear your sclerals on a regular basis, but was just curious if you had Panoptx in your prescription.

On a recent (long) trip, I wore my Panoptx in the car exclusively. We needed the heater on and I'd have been ready to murder anyone within my grasp if I'd had to make the trip without these.

Lucy
                        Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy
                          Rebecca, do you have any Panoptx with your RX in them? I'm just curious....
                          I know you wear your sclerals on a regular basis, but was just curious if you had Panoptx in your prescription.
                          No, I don't. Actually, I don't have any significant refractive error - my UCVA is practically identical to my BCVA - so there is no Rx that does me any good.

My right eye is about 20/70 plano (or pretty close). The scleral corrects me to about 20/25 just by virtue of restoring optical quality. My left eye is somewhat nearsighted - around -1.50 and a little astigmatism. The prescription in the scleral for that eye is off but I haven't bothered to do anything about it because it's the non-dominant eye anyway. - The -1.50 was actually deliberately induced (for maximal tissue preservation) by the retreatment I had on that eye, which had been pretty close to plano before.

It's a relatively unusual situation for someone post LASIK - to have such poor acuity but without refractive error. Kind of funny, actually: LASIK did an amazingly good job relative to what it was supposed to do. I was about -12.00 in the right eye and -10.50 in the left plus astigmatism, and it took me to plano in both eyes. (So what if it also trashed my central corneas, reduced my best vision by half a dozen lines, and gave me chronic dry eye .)
                          Rebecca Petris
                          The Dry Eye Foundation
                          dryeyefoundation.org
                          800-484-0244

Comment

Disappointed

I picked up my new progressive Panoptx goggles today. The sample frame I got fit pretty well and the optical clinic was familiar with fitting the glasses. But when I got them today, I immediately discovered I can't see out of them and the frame was larger. I'm wondering if they have to stretch the frames to put in the prescription? I'm to wear them for a little while and then go back if there is still a problem. I had forgotten to take my medications and we thought maybe there was a vision problem that would correct itself when I took the meds. (12 of them) These things cost me a little over $500 and as you can imagine, I'm bummed.

Billye

Comment

Oh nooooooo. After all that!!! I sure hope they can adjust the frame, and that it works out after all.
                              Rebecca Petris
                              The Dry Eye Foundation
                              dryeyefoundation.org
                              800-484-0244

Comment

Working...
                              X