Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Souces for Wrap-around Sunglasses/Goggles

Hey all,
    I discovered these two websites that specialize in prescription sunglasses. They both carry the Wiley-X and Panoptx lines as well as some other interesting brands that I wasn't aware of. I think I may treat myself to some DE friendly glasses soon in the hopes that I might be able to resume some of the outdoor activities that bring me so much joy. As you can imagine, bombing down a mountain on a bicycle at 40mph is not so good for compromised tear films. (Sigh )Actually, its not so good for very much at all, but sure is amusing.
    Anyway, check out these links:
    www.sportrx.com
    www.heavyglare.com

P.S. If you want Panoptx shades and you don't need prescription lenses like me, why not consider buying them from the Dry Eye Store. I think it would be very nice to give something back to Rebecca who has done so much to help us all

Disclaimer: Don't take this as an advertisement or anything becuase I surely don't get paid by him at all...this is my first post so it may look as such...but i'll share my dry eye story when i get some time.

I do a lot of bass fishing...tournaments and such. There is a man by the name of Chris Vogler/CSports Optical 314-963-7567. I don't even remember off hand where he is located but he is making my a pair of prescription sunglasses for bass fishing as we speak. He comes very highly recommended and does a lot of work for professional bass fisherman. I've spoken with him on the phone quite a bit (hes a talker) and he is very knowledgable on optical topics.

Long story short - He does WileyX among others (dont know about panoptix). I would give him a call even if you don't want to order from him, I bet you would be pleasantly surprised at his service.

I am getting a pair of Costa Del Mars from him for fishing, but plan on getting some wileyx's shortly for driving. The only problem I have at this point is nobody locally carries them so I can't try them on.

Comment

Hey bassfan, thanks for the suggestions. It's unusual to see a fisherman on DryEyeZone, as I could tell by your signature.

I am the wife of a bass fisherman, sister in law of a BIG bass fisherman. BTW, my bro-in-law is friends with Kevin VanDam. I'm guessing you know who he is. We all live in the same town. Welcome.
      Lucy
      Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Of course I've heard of KVD...Kalamazoo right?

Comment

of course!!!
          Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Working...
          X