A good goggle for very dry eyes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A good goggle for very dry eyes

My hubby got these for me and they are great for EXTREMELY dry eyes, almost fog proof in warmer weather and one size supposedly fits all.
    SEAL XP swim goggles, www.aquasphereusa.com. The best ones I've had yet, wear them outdoors with my Boston Sclerals. I don't know the cost but they're relatively inexpensive ot he wouldn't have bought them lol. They really seal, so I tend to wear them a little more loosely, as I am not swimming in them, of course.
    Charon

Charon, this is a great link. I noticed some of the goggles come in RX!
    Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Thank you, I was looking to try some goggles, now I know what to buy

Comment

where did you buy the goggles?

Just curious whether you ordered the goggles online or from a store? If from a store, which one? They look great for around the house, my biking goggles are rather old. Do you have clear lenses? I notice that they come in a variety of different lens colours. I like a bit of a tint for tv and computer use.
        Thanks for the link, they look great!
        Elaine

Comment

Goggles With Clear Lenses

Just saw these--

LTD AL Clear
          sunglasses

at : http://www.cglasses.com/sports/ltd.htm

at the unbelievably low price of $20!

Hmm, I wonder if they'd fit my small face.

Seems like there at lots of companies selling these goggles. I had done a search using "biking goggles" as the term.

C66

Comment

I think people who could use goggles (but do not need RX) would be surprised if they stopped by a few local sporting goods stores, or some bike or motorcycle shops. Once, I found a pretty nice pair of cheapies for $20 and that could make a lot of difference for some people. If I didn't need RX, I'd take a few shopping trips around and see what I could find. It wouldn't break most of our banks to splurge and try a cheap pair before we made the more expensive commitment of Panoptx or Wiley-X.

Lucy
            Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Originally posted by laine
              Just curious whether you ordered the goggles online or from a store? If from a store, which one? They look great for around the house, my biking goggles are rather old. Do you have clear lenses? I notice that they come in a variety of different lens colours. I like a bit of a tint for tv and computer use.
              Thanks for the link, they look great!
              Elaine
              Elaine,
              He bought them from a catalogue and I will let you know which one later today...My lenses are clear, but I'm going to get the tinted ones too, as I like sunglasses on bright days. However, the catalogue only had clear, online has the variety.

Comment

I'm sure you guys know how to use goggles safely but just for the benefit of other readers... caution is advised with airtight goggles. Your corneas need oxygen. I don't personally know how long at a stretch it's safe to have them on if they actually seal, but it's worth checking with your doctor.
                Rebecca Petris
                The Dry Eye Foundation
                dryeyefoundation.org
                800-484-0244

Comment

Elaine,
                  The name of the catalogue is "firstSTREET" (and that's how it looks on the cover) "for Boomers and Beyond".

These seal so tightly that they feel like they can suck my eyeballs out, so I don't wear them that way, of course. The strap can be loosened, etc. I pull thm away from my face to ventilate, every few minutes or so, so air can get to my eyes, as Rebecca said, it's not a good thing to seal out all air.

They fit my small face really well.

charon

Comment

Working...
                  X