Tranquileyes clear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tranquileyes clear

I got a looksee at the prototype of Suzanne's new product at ASCRS last week. I think it's great. Very, very innovative. Flexible clear plastic type material, initially will be available with a strap like the regular tranquileyes but later with earpieces. It can be worn underneath glasses or on its own. It will have an optional foam liner. Based on what I saw I think it could make a real difference to people struggling with computer/office work with dry eye. Suzanne's good at coming up with things that work but don't look geeky.

Speaking of which, us girls will love Suzanne's new 'Teeny Bikini'. It looks exactly like it sounds. It's a little snap-on fabric wrap that goes completely over the tranquileyes sleep mask, available in several fabrics that look like they came from the beach. For those that want to look a little more hip wearing Tranquileyes on an airplane, it's tops. I think it will probably also extend the life of the foam, since it wraps all the way around.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Hi Rebecca,

I understand that the clear Tranquileyes are designed for daytime wear, but could they also be worn at night? I haven't been wearing the current Tranquileyes at night because I dislike that they completely block out light. I had relief from nighttime dryness when I slept with a pair of swimming googles (although I no longer do so) and am thinking that the clear Tranquileyes are designed similarly.

Thanks!

Julie

Comment

Sure.

Speaking of which, I ran across a product at ASCRS - reminds me I need to follow up with them - that could make a decent very inexpensive clear sleep mask. (Not the kind of protection you get with TQ but a lot better than nothing.) It's made for people to use after surgeries like LASIK. Very simple, clear plastic, and with pieces of foam around it that keep it from resting on your face but which would also help with moisture retention. I'll post info when I have more. I'm hoping to add it to the store as an inexpensive alternative sleep mask.
      Rebecca Petris
      The Dry Eye Foundation
      dryeyefoundation.org
      800-484-0244

Comment

That sounds exciting! Maybe I can actually look forward to waking up without swollen eyelids!

Comment

Can we get these products on mail order to UK?
          Stella

Comment

Yes - we'll stock them in The Dry Eye Shop and I'm sure Eye Eco also ships to the UK. The teeny bikini is supposed to be available within the next month or so and the clear product around the end of the summer.
            Rebecca Petris
            The Dry Eye Foundation
            dryeyefoundation.org
            800-484-0244

Comment

Originally posted by Rebecca Petris
              The teeny bikini is supposed to be available ....
              What is the male equivalent called???

I am guessing if we stick with the swimwear theme, I will have to buy two of them otherwise I will look like a pirate?

Ian

Comment

Well, like I said, she's a real innovator. Let's see...

Dear Suzanne:

The bikini is a hit, but our male customers are protesting about discriminatory products. I don't suppose you have a jock strap in the pipeline?

Sincerely,

The Dry Eye Shop
                Last edited by Rebecca Petris; 10-May-2007, 08:52.
                Rebecca Petris
                The Dry Eye Foundation
                dryeyefoundation.org
                800-484-0244

Comment

So what guy takes issue with having a bikini wrapped around his head?! I can't believe it would be our very own Mr. Pratt...
                  Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Comment

Originally posted by dianat
                    So what guy takes issue with having a bikini wrapped around his head?! I can't believe it would be our very own Mr. Pratt...
                    Who me????? I never objected to a bikini being wrapped around my head, was just curious as to whether there was a male version.

I look ridiculous as a pirate, but I would look even more ridiculous in a bikini . Let's not go there.....

Ian

Comment

How about Ian in a SPEEDO?
                      Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Lucy

No issue with Speedo's here, you'll have to wait for the summer holiday pics (Greece this year) but I do draw the line at an itsy bitsy, teenie weenie, yellow polka-dot bikini even if it is just for my Tranquil Eyes.

I am guessing the male version is based on speedos hence the pirate comments. I guess I am really only having a challenge at the moment with my right eye so a pirate patch and one eyed tranquil eyes could be just what the dr ordered.

Ian

Comment

Hey, the single patch, pirate look. Could be very sexy.
                          Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Comment

I was at Buddy Guy's Jazz Club in Chicago a few years ago and a guy in a band wore a pirate's patch. He was kinda cute and I wondered if the patch was for real, or to create an image.

Lucy
                            Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Pirate patch?

Two questions, Lucy:

1) Where on his body was the patch located?

2) Was he wearing anything else?

Comment

Working...
                              X