panoptx sprint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• panoptx sprint

In the hope of continuing my cycling activities i have seen a pair of Panoptx Sprint sunglasses. Does anyone know anything about them i.e. are they suitable for avoiding dry eye when in windy conditions.
    Cheers
    Barry

I think Sprint is one of the discontinued models so there are good deals to be had on it right now. I'm not so familiar with that specific 'family' but it looks a lot like the current Avanti if I'm not mistaken (see panoptx website). They restyled the temples of several frames recently.

The thing to be aware of when purchasing Panoptx online is which frames come with the full Orbital Seal and which do not. Take a look at this link:

http://panoptx.com/html/compare.htm

which compares the two so you can see what protection you get. I'm pretty sure the Sprint is like the one on the right (low profile). The only ones with the full eyecup are the Velocity CV and Velocity FX models: Diablo, Solano, Whirlwind, Bora, Churada, Viento and Cyclone. Having said that, even the lower profile ones are good, just not near as much wind and dust blockage.

Incidentally, my brother (not the Almighty... another brother) is a cyclist and wears the Churada (Sirocco) without the insert and finds it really good for cycling. Of course, he doesn't have dry eye
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Thanks for that Rebecca. I bought them on Ebay for $50 which includes postage so I guess thats not too bad. Just another item for my constantly growing dry eye toolkit!

Barry

Comment

Working...
      X