Panoptx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panoptx

I know so many people who live in / swear by / etc the Panoptx dry eye glasses that despite my usual indolence when it comes to trying anything new on my eyes, I finally got jealous and decided to find out for myself.

They arrived today. BOY are these babies comfortable! (Thank you Rosemary!)

I wanted them primarily for outdoors and driving as the sun and air conditioning both bother my eyes a lot. (Back in England, neither of those, uh, posed much of a problem but Florida is another story... )

However, here I am sitting at my computer with them on. Will let you know in a couple of days how it's going.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Welcome to the "collective"! I'm not surprised you're satisfied with your purchase. Now you can really belong in that "goggles" picture with the rest of us...you know, the one we'll have taken aboard that humid luxury dry-eye cruise we'll all take one day?
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Comment

Panoptx update

So far I have been using the Panoptx goggles primarily for driving. They really are dramatically improving my eye comfort while driving. The greatest benefit is in reducing light sensitivity - somehow I've never found a pair of sunglasses that made me that comfortable - but protection from the A/C is a close second.

I do not like the reduction in vision - makes the "blind spot" a bit larger - but that's part and parcel of any wraparound and is certainly a fair tradeoff for improved comfort.
      Last edited by Rebecca Petris; 18-Jul-2005, 06:39. Reason: typo
      Rebecca Petris
      The Dry Eye Foundation
      dryeyefoundation.org
      800-484-0244

Comment

I know what you mean about the loss of vision with all the "stuff" in the way. I used to complain about that when I wore glasses. It's one of the things I looked forward to ridding myself of with LASIK. What a laugh. Anyway, I have gotten very, very used to the Panoptx and all the wrap-around excess. One day you won't even think about it...

D
        Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Comment

Rebecca - do you have prescription lenses? I am curious about the wrap-around effect you are speaking of.
          Do these goggles have complete air/draft protection? I use wiley-x glasses (I think that's what they are called) and am quite happy with them (no loss of vision whatsoever), although they don't have complete protection for very windy days. I did try some other glasses that completely blocked wind and drafts, but they fogged up on me.

Comment

No prescription. (My dominant eye is plano.)

They definitely don't "seal" all the way around - I can see a slight opening at the top for one, and I don't get any fogging at all - but I don't get any sensation at all from drafts, either with the car vent on high aimed straight at my face or elsewhere. I wore them yesterday while horsing around in the pool with my daughter on a very windy afternoon and they did great - at least till I got wetter than planned.

I've never really bought super high end sunglasses before, so I was pleased with the vision quality too. It made me realise how much distortion I was getting through any other sunglasses that were giving me enough light protection to be worth wearing.

Sweat gathering on the pads is something of a problem if I'm doing anything strenuous outside (bearing in mind this is Tampa in July...)
            Rebecca Petris
            The Dry Eye Foundation
            dryeyefoundation.org
            800-484-0244

Comment

Special glasses/goggles

This weekend I tried on some of the special goggles my husband has for his speedboat (a hideous monster that goes 150 miles per hour). I had been having trouble riding in any kind of boat at a speed of more than about 20 miles per hour (the pontoon is basically my speed). We also have a small jet boat and my daughter has been bugging me to let her take me for a ride (at ridiculously fast speeds), but I have been declining because of the wind factor. So I tried the goggles and had a great ride. So many of you have talked about the goggles you use and now I need to look deeper into what you are all talking about. I don't know what his are called, and I don't think I could wear them for long periods, but you guys are on the right track there for sure. Great information!

Comment

I'm curious Rebecca, what model you (and others) have. I know that Diana and I have the Viento, which fits me perfectly, but I am thinking of geting one of the newer models with "fitted" removable foam inserts. Would make cleaning much easier, but the fit wasn't quite as good.

One other question: whenever I order, I get these at wholesale because I am a doctor (mine are Rx, so otherwise would be very expensive), which is a significant discount. I can't do that for everyone (I think they let me get 1 personal pair per year), but they have always tried to get me to sign up for a seller's account when I have called and spoken with Rosemary Healy. I'm curious if I could save some of the DEZ folks money that way--would sell to registered DEZ people at cost, no profit to me, of course.

Any thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by Erik
                  I'm curious Rebecca, what model you (and others) have. I know that Diana and I have the Viento, which fits me perfectly, but I am thinking of geting one of the newer models with "fitted" removable foam inserts. Would make cleaning much easier, but the fit wasn't quite as good.
                  Whoops, sorry Erik, missed this. I've got the Sirocco CV. The inserts are removeable. Considering I never tried them on (just got them by mail) they seem to fit wondefully, but then, I haven't tried any of the others for comparison.

Will email you re the other subject.
                  Rebecca Petris
                  The Dry Eye Foundation
                  dryeyefoundation.org
                  800-484-0244

Comment

Working...
                  X