Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Day Time Protective Eyewear

Hi all,
    I have tried two brands of goggle-type sunglasses, Solis Cruiser, and another I can't remember. I wanted to see if they helped before spending money on a more expensive pair. Though they were both well-made, with a good foam seal, they didn't seem to help. My eyes are MUCH worse outside, so I was really surprised (and dissapointed). Has anyone else tried less expensive brands that did NOT work, and then tried Panoptyx and those did?
    I would be willing to spend tons of money if I had reasonable hope that they might work.Thanx for your input.
    Kevann

Another good brand, but

I just received my Dixons' T.E.P.S. system eyewear, with 3 different pairs of lenses (grey ballistic, yellow, and clear), detachable inner seal gasket and even earpieces.

http://www.uksportseyewear.co.uk/pro...ection-system-

They're wonderful and cost me just under 40 Pounds sterling. Excellent eye seal, and they look like sunglasses, not goggles. The case is well designed and holds all the extras, fits in a handbag.

But: If glasses with a good seal aren't working for you, ask if perhaps you've been misdiagnosed! It may be that your problem isn't evaporation.
    ---
    Blepharitis leads to MGD causes dry eye?
    Dry eye drops cause eyelid irritation exacerbating Blepharitis?

Comment

Prescription for this one

Steve,
      Can this particular frame be bought with a progressive bifocal?

Billye

Comment

Nearly...

No, the exact frames I showed before have too much curvature to glaze, but this other (cheaper) model can!

http://www.uksportseyewear.co.uk/pro...c-eyewear-ep-2

Here's how:

http://www.uksportseyewear.co.uk/pag...scription.html

Best,
        Steve
        ---

Comment

Day time glasses

Thanx Steve,
          You may be right about being misdiagnosed. I belong to an HMO, and have seen numerous Dr.s in the past few years. None of them can seem to agree on a diagnosis or treatment. A lot of what I've learned is from the internet, and when I take the info to them, its a battle to get them to try things. If I could find an opthamologist in private practice close to me who specializes in dry eye, I'd be willing to spend big money.
          Krvann

Comment

Where in SoCal are you? There are some good doctors in SoCal. There are also some "hidden gems" out there - you don't always have to spend big bucks to get good care. There's an optometrist, Dan Carver, in Fountain Valley who is very popular with the Orange County dry eye support group and has done an excellent job for several people I know.
            Rebecca Petris
            The Dry Eye Foundation
            dryeyefoundation.org
            800-484-0244

Comment

i may be interested in these, how much are they in u.s. dollars, and can they be shipped to the u.s.

Comment

ebay

You can buy them on ebay, for example http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GENUINE-DIXON-...QQcmdZViewItem

To get the price in US dollars, double the price in pounds, then add some for the international shipping. This retailer does ship to the US.
                ---

Comment

Thanks

Thanks Steve for taking the time to post that link.

Billye

Comment

Working...
                  X