Fit-Over Safety Glasses w/ Foam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fit-Over Safety Glasses w/ Foam

I just found this site---thought maybe someone here might be interested.

http://stores.ebay.com/Wesco-Safety-Products

Look under the category for Fit-Over Safety Glasses, then about 3/4 of the way down the page is a section for the fit-overs with foam. Several models are available, including sunglass, clear, and yellow tint. They look large, but might look OK over men's glasses. An alternative to wearing the motorcycle goggles with the head-strap.

Calli

Great find!

Wow, Calli. . .Thank you SO, SO much for posting this info. . .I have looked in vain for EXACTLY what you've highlighted. . .Earpieces, instead of a strap, availability of clear lenses, and fitover concept with what looks like a really good foam-produced seal. Thank you, again, and enjoy any of the listed products that you try out!
    <Doggedly Determined>

Comment

Thanks

Thanks Calli66 for the link. I was looking for something like this too.

dryeyes2

Comment

Thanks for this post!

Thank you for this post. I read it while wearing my onion glasses with my reading glasses precariously balanced over them. How great that there is something similar that I can put OVER my glasses. And then maybe my fiance won't give me the look of "there is an alien sitting at her computer and I'm afraid" anymore!! LOL
        I just ordered a pair from that site. Thanks again.

Comment

NYer - just to throw out another option - if you use simple readers, there are stick-on readers you can put on onion goggles. They can be cut to shape, and can be easily applied and removed from one pair to another.
          Rebecca Petris
          The Dry Eye Foundation
          dryeyefoundation.org
          800-484-0244

Comment

Rebecca, you are all-knowing! That's an excellent idea. Thank you!

Comment

I bought stick on reader lenses and they keep falling off + it is so hard to reposition them exactly where you need them that i have given up using them

Comment

any residue? peeling down from a Guinness record

Hi, NYer! Your Avatar totally rocks... And uncannily, I also wear two pairs of glasses when computing or reading (in my case, because I'm too cheap to update the lenses in my custom moisture chamber glasses, and have to supplement these with readers). . .My dog assists me closely, on the computer, but not by sitting and typing; more so by barking so loudly in my ear that I cannot hear the audio I am trying to study from. . .She does, however, like to stand on the desk, in her sadly misguided belief that she is a cat. . .

Which prompts me to ask Rebecca and others who know about the stick-ons for presbyopia: Do they leave any kind of residue on plastic lens (assuming they remain stuck on for any period)?

If I can get the stick-ons to work without leaving a residue, I am aiming for the Guinness record in spectacle-wearing: A pair of progressives SANS moisture chambers (which I can update yearly) + a pair of foam-lined, plano, clear-lens Wesco fitover goggles (thanks to calli66) + stick-on magnifiers mounted on the Wescos (to close the gap that my progressives always leave, for close work). . .

As crazy as that sounds, the combo peels down to a simple pair of glasses, which I can flash to people, for short periods, when I am needing to thumb my nose at DES!
                Last edited by Rojzen; 28-Dec-2007, 15:25. Reason: typo
                <Doggedly Determined>

Comment

Goggles on ebay

I looked at the safety goggles on ebay and want to get some. However, someone on here was talking about no strap, and the ones I saw look like they have a strap. They are black goggles, not glasses, by global vision. Is this whaat you're talking about? They are $11.95.

Jody

Comment

Originally posted by Rojzen
                    Which prompts me to ask Rebecca and others who know about the stick-ons for presbyopia: Do they leave any kind of residue on plastic lens (assuming they remain stuck on for any period)?
                    I don't think so. There's no adhesive involved. Hope other users will chime in. I'm not yet presbyopic so I've never had occasion to test it.

I was sorry to hear about a problem with them falling off - first I've heard that.
                    Rebecca Petris
                    The Dry Eye Foundation
                    dryeyefoundation.org
                    800-484-0244

Comment

" don't think so. There's no adhesive involved. Hope other users will chime in. I'm not yet presbyopic so I've never had occasion to test it."

Rebecca is on the "other side" of 40 and has yet to deal with this stuff called presbyopia. I remember the first time my eye doc said I should order bifocals for my glasses and I said no. I wasn't going to have those "tell-tale" lines on my glasses. Well, that lasted for about a year. I have always had progressives and had good luck with them, so no tell-tale line, but now it doesn't matter.

Now--back to the business of the stick on bifocals. I don't have any, but I'm thinking they may be plastic labels that peel off. I've bought glasses with the tag stuck on the glass and you just peel them off. Guessing this may be what the peel off bifocals are.

Lucy
                      Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

They are not labels and don't peel. They're a thickish plastic material in a semicircle shape and they just slap on to any other plastic surface and lift right off. I just put one on the plastic part of my Mac now. I'll let you know if & when it drops off.
                        Rebecca Petris
                        The Dry Eye Foundation
                        dryeyefoundation.org
                        800-484-0244

Comment

You just said it better than I. That's what I meant to say. It's often on OTC glasses. Maybe called poly or vinyl instead of plastic?
                          Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

I suspect they are like "colorforms" (remember those? do they still make them?) where you can put 'em on and take 'em off with no residue. I ordered them yesterday. Will let you know how they work out. (Mine are just regular - not bi-focal or anything.)

(Rojzen - thanks for noticing the pic! Ever see the cartoon with the dog sitting at the PC and telling his friend "On the internet, no one knows you're a dog!"? I wonder if he's going onto Match.com and telling people he's tall and rich and available...)

Comment

Colorforms! Wow! Now I understand exactly how the reading stick-ons work. . .Yes, also like the price labels that peel off. . .Thank you so much, guys. . .I'm psyched to try them now. . .

(and No, Dear Nyer, I have not seen the cartoon of a doggy marveling that Internet can mask one's species identity, but your imagining of what a doggy on Match.com might be asserting compels me to ask if your gorgeous little canine is single. . .Mine is betrothed and unavailable, alas, but I have matchmaking in my blood (:^). . .)

Anyway, while looking around for the reading stick-ons this past week, I noticed that there are some new fitover sunglasses available in big box stores and drugstores for about $18.00 that are a bit more petite than the previous clunky generation, and which even have venting in the frame extensions. . .(not that I would opt for that, but some might). . .
                              <Doggedly Determined>

Comment

Working...
                              X