Donated eyewear for a special need...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donated eyewear for a special need...

A frequent user of Panoptx who has several pairs recently was kind enough to donate THREE used pairs of Panoptx Vientos to our community. I would like to make these available to patients here who:

- have a real need for them and
    - would not be able to afford them on their own and
    - think that a Viento would fit them (it is the smallest Panoptx framestyle)

All three are Viento framestyle in dark tortoise (a style that has not been available for quite some time... it's actually much nicer than the current matte black). Two of the three have been slightly modified by having the foam vents filled up to maximize moisture retention. Two pairs have been recently 're-foamed' by Panoptx while the third is slightly worn but definite has plenty of utility left and could for a small fee be re-foamed by Panoptx.

Please call, email or PM me if you would like one of these and meet the three criteria above.

Many thanks to the generous user who made these available.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Panoptx donation

Hello!

If I'm not too late in replying, I would love to see about one of the Panoptx donations. I have a small face and sometimes have trouble finding sunglasses that fit, especially the wraparound style!

What a nice person to donate these for this purpose.

If I'm late, I know that the glasses will go to someone who needs them! Thanks for bringing it to our attention!

I have sent an e-mail with address info if you need it. Thanks again!

lilahp

Comment

More Panoptx

Two of these Vientos have found new homes... I have one more. I also now have a used Whirlwind with photochromic (light-adjusting) lenses from the same very generous patient.
      Rebecca Petris
      The Dry Eye Foundation
      dryeyefoundation.org
      800-484-0244

Comment

goggles

Does that mean that person got better and doesn't need them anymore?? (fingers crossed)
        Elaine
        (aka goggle girl)

Comment

Alas no!

She's a veteran, and she and her husband are still hunting for solutions to an exceptionally challenging hormonal case. Some products seem to be helping her more at times than others (including Panoptx framestyles) so they're now passing along the ones not currently in use. She's recently 'upgraded' to some newer ones.

I've always kept a 'stash' of products, including returns and samples companies have sent me, to share with people who can't afford to buy. Getting donations like this is a godsend as I often hear from people on fixed incomes or without any insurance who can't afford what they need. If anyone else has castoffs they'd like to donate, you can always send them my way rather than let them gather dust
          Rebecca Petris
          The Dry Eye Foundation
          dryeyefoundation.org
          800-484-0244

Comment

Re-foaming?

Rebecca, I am curious about the re-foaming....I thought the models that had the "permanent" foam on them were just that --- no way to fix once it got worn? Is it true that Panoptx can do something to help? I just ordered a couple of Viento from them because of the discontinuation for fear of mine breaking down the road but I also have a pair I can't use any more because the foam went limp.....this could be a life saver for that pair.....please let us know what you know!!!!

Comment

I have worn Vientos for years, and every so often they need maintenance. I look on their web site for an address, enclose a letter of request, send my goggles over to CA and they send mine back to me new foam and all. For a while they were under warranty, but now I pay to have them done.

No matter. It feels great to have them fixed.

Diana
              Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Comment

I just called Panoptx to confirm. With popular styles this re-foaming service continues to be available long after the style is discontinued and they expect to be able to keep re-foaming Vientos for at least another 2 years.
                Rebecca Petris
                The Dry Eye Foundation
                dryeyefoundation.org
                800-484-0244

Comment

Working...
                X