question about Panoptx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about Panoptx

I've read (somewhere here) that we should order 3-4 pair of Panoptx at a time to get the best fit then take them to our optician to get the lens put in. Have any of you had luck with getting the curved lens manufactured to go in your Panoptx? How do you do this? I guess I'm just slow, but it is my understanding that getting the lens put in is a problem because three places I've been to have told me they can't make curved lens. Do you take the pair you've ordered, have them measured then send them to Panoptx for the lens? Someone please walk me thru this process.

The last pair I got, I purchased from an optical dealer who sold the frame too. It was a disaster as far as fit. And I have a progressive bifocal. It doesn't give me enough close up in the bifocal to even read forms at doctor's offices. It was expensive, time consuming, took a 100 mile drive both ways to get there and back.

Is there no answer for those of us who are older and wear bifocals. I don't even care about ugly anymore, It is all about seeing clearly enough to just get on with life.

Billye

Since I don't have a prescription, everything I know is only secondhand. Some odds and ends I've picked up:

- Panoptx can do bifocal or progressive up to a certain prescription level. Beyond that, we're on our own to find opticians.

- It may be frame dependent (some Panoptx frames are easier to make lenses for than others?)

- It may take a special kind of optician. I used to often hear from users about a place in Minnesota or something - I think it's at heavyglare.com - that was really good about accommodating special requirements for Panoptx wearers.

If it can't be done satisfactorily in Panoptx due to high prescription or other constraints, I think that currently, till Suzanne's new baby is online our best bet is probably either getting something to line a pair of conventional glasses (e.g. weatherstripping - I've known more than one person who's done this successfully and also gotten it to look good) or foam lined goggles like the guard-dogs.com Evader I or Evader II type products.

Hopefully someone with custom Rx Panoptx can chime in with their experiences.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Billye.....If you want to know how I managed, PM me and I'll tell you. Lucy

PS. Never mind PM'ing me. I'll PM you anyhow.
      Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Working...
      X